Chapter 40: Ending it together

"(What's going on here?... Is this another Digimon from the X-Series?)" -Ventomon thought to himself, slowly backing up, wondering if his friends already made it out of the sewers. Muzarmon and Lancearkmon were silent after Lowemon's death.

"Aspen... Is that you?" -Lancearkmon asks, curious.-

"Yes, Lancearkmon." -Muzarmon turns to the fish.- "I'm still not sure of how this happened, but I do know it has to do with your particles and F-Drive... It saved my life."

"Aspen?" -Ventomon heard Lancearkmon, and got curious... That was a Digimon, but it came out of nowhere to save them... Maybe, just maybe, Aspen found a way to turn into one? But that had no precedents.

However, the mantis stopped after HiDigmon appeared from the hole, landing in front of him with a whip drawn... And having lost an entire arm and wing.

"Ventomon! Stand back!" -HiDigmon said, he was pretty injured.- "Muzarmon's dangerous!"

"HiDigmon! What happened?" -Ventomon asks as both Lancearkmon and Muzarmon get defensive at the growling HiDigmon.

"I heard Elise on the radio, went to check as fast as I could..." -HiDigmon looks down.- "...She... She's gone, she was alone, and these 2 Digimons were there..."

"Elise?!" -Ventomon exclaims.

"No! Ventomon! Elise was never real!" -Realizing HiDigmon's intentions, Muzarmon tries to make the situation clear.- "...It's me! Aspen! I was transformed into this form to defend myself from HiDigmon and Huajimon, the real body of Elise!"

"This is confusing..." -Ventomon crossed his arms, he didn't know in who to believe.

"Aspen would've never done this to me, you monster..." -HiDigmon says.- "...I wasn't able to find Aspen, I think Lancearkmon eliminated him..."

"Quit lying!" -Muzarmon runs to HiDigmon, who tries to attack him with his remaining whip, the white Digimon covers himself with his blade as HiDigmon tried to counter-attack.

"Ram Drill!"

"You're no match for me! Solar Guardian!" -The cannon satellite in Muzarmon's back flies upwards and shoots at HiDigmon, the armadillo is seriously injured and falls to the water.- "And now!..."

Muzarmon gets over HiDigmon, preparing to eliminate him with his blade.

Ventomon began to run to separate them both, one thing he had clear was that nobody else had to die.

But someone else passed at his side at an staggering speed.

"How dare you..."

"Aspen! From your left!" -Lancearkmon shouts.

"Huh?" -Muzarmon looks at his side to see a ferocious Calizmon charging at full speed with his wings shining and his swords drawn, the bat begins to shine as he screams in anger.

"*How dare you touch Submarimon!!!*" -Calizmon was still low on energy, yet, his body began to suffer alterations, as if Digievolving, some parts grew bigger, some armor began to appear, F-Particles left and came, the bat gaining the strenght to slowly and painfully Digievolve using his fury as fuel... He already lost Submarimon once, he probably lost Aspen now, he wasn't going to settle for this now.- "No matter what... *I'll kill you!!!*"

"Calizmon! Wait!" -Muzarmon gets blinded by Calizmon's lazer, the white Digimon backs up quickly, still suffering a cross shaped injury by the swords.- "I-I'm!..."

"Stop!" -Lancearkmon considered intervening, but he didn't have a clear shot, with Calizmon viciously charging Muzarmon.

After suffering many punches, Muzarmon is forced to defend himself, shooting a stream of water at Calizmon and sending him back.