Chapter 18: Catalyst

WardMusyamon kicks Airdizmon, sending him against Geovasmon, the bat barely avoids the blade before trying to go airborne, but WardMusyamon jumps and stabs him with his knife, causing Airdizmon to scream in pain as F-Particles came out of the injury.

"It's your end!" -Airdizmon falls to the ground, looking at WardMusyamon fall over him with knife in hand... Until Ventomon appeared- "What?!"

"You understimated me!" -Ventomon came full of energy, shining in lime yellow while dodging Geovasmon. - "Gale Blast!"

"You again?!" -WardMusyamon gets hit by the energy balls and its thrown back, but the mantis doesn't allow him to reach the ground, ramming into him at full speed with his stinger, traspassing him side to side- "Argh!!"

WardMusyamon falls to the ground and dies, the F-Particles dispersing as Ventomon lands and gets on his knees, exhausted.

"Okay... Only one..." -Ventomon turns around and gets up, weak, but determined, just like Airdizmon, both were now facing Geovasmon- "Only one left..."

"Lord... Damn it..." -Geovasmon gets in a combat position, this mission made little sense as of now, the city was basically lost without its lord and guards, all he could do was to focus on eliminating the resistance threat while he still could- "If you haven't been this impulsive..."

"Hgg..." -Airdizmon grabbed his swords while panting, then devolving to Calizmon, everyone was tired and hit, everyone but Geovasmon- "This won't be easy..."

The 3 were ready to fight... Until something happened.

It came from the city.

But they could still notice it, it was impossible to ignore.

A loud noise of wood crunching and Digimons screaming could be heard from afar as entire buildings went flying away.

The whole city got covered in dust.

"W-What the hell..." -Calizmon, Ventomon and Geovasmon look, absolutely shocked, at the city... Was that a bomb? Or did the platform collapse? Something was safe to say, it was a catastrophic damage.

"That explosion..." -Growlmon got on the platform, just as shocked as Miura, Aspen and the 3 Digimons.

When the dust settled, Miura used his binoculars to see what happened... A new silhouette appeared, it was gigantic, the size of 3 houses, and it was in the middle of the city.

"What is that?..." -Calizmon and Ventomon turned to Geovasmon, but he was just as frozen.

When the dust disappeared, a metallic, white-ish surface could be seen covering the whole round shape of that thing, almost reminiscent of a fish, with many holes, seemingly air intakes, and weird devices all across its rusted and dirty body.

The thing suddenly moves, shaking a bit while making metallic screeching sounds, its tip strectches itself out of the body and rotates to face ahead, it's 2 holes in the front revealing to be covering 2 red, shining eyes.

"That's... A Digimon?" -Says Miura, scared.- "I-It's moving..."

The body further transforms, revealing 2 gigantic claws, wings with turbines, and a long tail.

"Err... H-How's that Digimon called? Guys?" -Aspen asks to Piyomon, who doesn't respond, she was looking at the gigantic Digimon, frozen.

"Forget I said that... That thing's a monster!" -Says Miura as he looks at some text just behind the glowing eyes of the monster.

*Catalyst*

Was the thing he readed before the gargantuan monster roared and began to attack indiscriminately with the antenna-shaped devices across his body, causing water from the river to accumulate at its sides.