Chapter 16: The Attack Begins

The humid and dark cave was sure a terrifying place to be trapped in.
That was the reason only a few dared to venture in, those few being the only ones to know the ins and outs of the misterious place.
Luckily, Calizmon was one of those few.

"Getting in is easy, but from this point on, you'll need aquatic Digimons to make it to the city" -Calizmon walks to a hole in the ground, peeking over it, it was full of water in constant movement, the bat then stands up and turns to see the Digimons that accompanied him there: Ventomon and many other members of the resistance, even Miura was there- "The other exits also allow to reach there from directions they'll never expect."

"We will probably need boats and airborne Digimons in that case." -Every Digimon in the resistance was shocked at the size of the underground cave, some light filtering from small holes in the wall. Ventomon looked somewhat less impressed, watching the hole while putting a hand on the waist- "...Are you sure this corridor will take us to the city? It doesn't seem safe."

"Hey, these tunnels are the only way, so you don't have much of a choice." -Calizmon replies, firm, he had to admit the resistance treated him well when he came back injured from his fight with Geovasmon, but knowing Aspen was still captured and having to work with a belligerent faction didn't put him in the best of the moods- "...It's a leave or take... And I'd take if I were you, this tunnel leads directly to the main building of Suzaku City."

Not even Ventomon could hide his shock at hearing that... The main building was basically the Guard's HQ, they would be striking at the heart of the city.

"The main building?" -Ventomon looks at the hole with caution- "...(How... How was I unaware of this place?...)"

"Hey..." -Calizmon approaches Ventomon, noticing the insect idle- "...So... Are we still doing this?"

Ventomon comes back to reality, looking at Calizmon with a serious expression before turning to the rest of the Digimon.

"Gather our heaviest aquatic Digimons, make sure they know where the prison cells and living quarters are. The other teams should take their positions as planned... That is all." -The Agumon accompanying Ventomon nods and leaves the place with a few more Digimons.

"I'll help." -Calizmon says, with both Miura and Ventomon turning to him- "...Just remember my position in all this."

"I know, you want to stay neutral." -Ventomon raises an eyebrow- "But you know... If they identify you, you'll become a treat in their eyes as well..."

"It was going to happen sooner or later." -Calizmon crosses his arms as he looks down- "...I will oppose and fight MAGAMI, but just for Aspen."

"I see." -Ventomon turns around and walks away from Calizmon, clearly unamused- "...Rescuing prisoners is still a priority, so you'll be able to find Aspen easily and leave..."

Suddenly, Ventomon stops and looks despectively at Calizmon with disdain.

"...Don't bother coming back to say goodbye, thought, we don't want to dirty your neutrality with our nasty freedom fighting."

Miura is visibly caught by surprise after that last, clearly hostile phrase, but Calizmon doesn't do more than an annoyed buff as he just turns back to the hole, eyes closed.

The bat was expecting this, he knew he could hardly talk with a resistance member, but right now, his mind was focused on rescuing Aspen and getting out of the South Sector, and he needed their strenght in order to accomplish that.

Ventomon resumes the walk and goes to a more isolated place in the cave, Miura slowly following him.

Both reach the end of the cave, with Ventomon looking at the wall, quiet.