Chapter 30: Four Pairs

"Is there any survivor?" -Geovasmon and Mailbirdramon were on the bridge of the boat, it was the same MAGAMI ship that escorted Lowemon's, and that ended up involved in a battle against Green Wind.- "The whole crew dissappeared"

"..." -Mailbirdramon notices a bunch of boxes piled up, just in front of the dashboard, the dragon throws the boxes away with one sweep to find a bunch of Digimons hidden.- "I found them."

"O-Oh, I think it's a moderator." -They were Gladysmon, first panicked, then relieved after realizing the 2 Digimon in front of them were also from MAGAMI- "What a relief..."

"What are you all doing down there?" -Geovasmon questioned, with arms on waist- "Were you hiding?"

"N-No moderator! We... Well..." -The 3 Gladysmon stand up as quick as they can, one of them trying desperately to come out with an excuse- "...We were taking positions for an ambush!"

"An ambush... Inside the bridge... Coming from a bunch of boxes placed in front of whoever crosses that door." -Geovasmon places a hand on his face while growling, taking a deep breath and letting that slip- "Anyways, we need to know what happened, we found this ship damaged as we were coming from an ambush on a Green Wind vessel, was this ship on a similar mission?"

"No, moderator, this is one of two ships acting as escort for another mission."

"What happened with the other ship?" -Asks Geovasmon, with Mailbirdramon noticing something through the window.

"Well..." -The Gladysmon is unsure of wanting to say that.

"There's someone coming!" -Mailbirdramon says as a Jazardmon lands on the aft of the ship, barely able to stand up as they were losing F-Particles.- "Its one of ours."

"...The other ship got destroyed."

"Help that Jazardmon, I'll take command." -Geovasmon says as he approaches the dashboard- "Turn around, we'll go rescue those onboard the other ship."

The Gladysmons nod and the boat turns around.

...

Things slowly calmed down, the destruction and danger was left behind as the Green Wind boat kept travelling.

Still with several Digimons keeping a tight watch on the surroundings, the boat advanced under the sunset, there wasn't much silence, especially with the aquatic Digimons that came to help joining the crew and a re-organization being done by Ventomon to accomodate them for the trip.

But Aspen was still oblivious to this, as he was in a room with several chambers connected to strange devices at their sides.

Some Digimons were inside these chambers, but the one catching the most attention now was Lanceamon, who just began to open his eyes after the treatment.

"Food wasn't going to give him energy?" -Aspen questions while turning to the rookie Digimon at his side.

"Food is used as a way to recover from injuries, but the energy it provides is minimal for a Digimon." -The Patamon says as she gets closer to the device- "A Digimon needs energy in order for the food F-Particles to be absorbed and turned into replacement data for any damage, obviously, sleeping recovers energy, but in emergencies, these energy chambers are used."

Patamon touches some buttons on a screen, showing the wireframe of Lanceamon, alongside some data.

"...They focus on the key points of a Digimon to provide energy, and when its injured, it makes sure to give priority to the damaged parts." -Patamon then turns off the device and the chamber opens- "I'm a bit surprised, though."