Chapter 24: The Journey Begins

The place was dark at first, but many modern lights in the roof would change that, revealing modern equipment in the shape of computers, test tubes, and other sophisticated devices.

An individual gets in the room, followed by 3 more, hardly a third of the former's size.

"Hope you don't mind the strong lights." -The first individual was Lowemon, with hands in his back, he turns to the Digimon being escorted by 2 Gladysmon. - "They're here to make sure the researchers don't lose sight of any single detail on their subjects."

"..." -The Digimon doesn't respond, not even trying to make visual contact with Lowemon.

"Anyways, you're quite lucky, you've been selected for the Spearhead Project, you will aid our big brains with their research." -Lowemon walks across the lab, reaching a door at the end of it, after pushing a button, the door opens, with the knight ordering both Gladysmon to bring the captive Digimon.

The 2 Gladysmon obey and force the prisoner to walk ahead, alongside Lowemon, to see what was at the other side of the door.

There was surprise in the face of the Digimon, the place was a huge room, bigger than any other he has ever seen, with cubes floating in the air.

"This is our little training site, we can generate water, mountains, mock of enemies, whatever you want." -Lowemon crosses his arms as he turns to the prisoner- "...That way, we can make sure the experiments are well-refined."

"What... Do you want from me..." -The prisoner is revealed to be Restimon, he was alive, although it was more than clear he hasn't been treated well in prison, he was still injured and dirty, his eyes only being able to look at his hated opponent now- "...Why did you bring me here?"

"As I said, you were selected, guess your adventures in the sewers made you somewhat familiar with seeing things you're not supposed to see..." -Lowemon smiles as he looks at the training site again- "...So we decided we should give you permission to see our little secret, by becoming part of it, what an honor, huh?"

"You're all rotten... You..." -Restimon says, his voice sounding tired- "...You won't get away with it..."

"Oh, my friend, that's where you're wrong." -Lowemon places an arm on Restimon's shoulder as a Gladysmon grabs something from a nearby table.- "Your job from now on is precisely about that..."

The Gladysmon places the object in Restimon's shoulder, causing the blue Digimon to feel a sudden burst of energy.

It was overwhelming, his pain and tiredness went away, but so did his sense of connection to reality, he couldn't control his reflexes as he began to growl with his pupil contracted.

"...You'll help us get away with it..." -Lowemon points at one of the cubes floating in front of them, in the huge room- "...And that's the one that wants to prevent that... Do you know what you do with those?..."

"N-No... I... D-Don't..." -Restimon fixed his sight in the cube, trying to fight against his primal instinct taking over, his body desperately shaking and moving, trying to charge against that cube, slowly being replaced by an allucination of his real enemy.

But he could control himself, that was a cube, a thing, why would he hate it?... Lowemon seemed to notice this, and, with clear dissaprove in his face, talked.

"Only one's still not enough." -Lowemon talks to one of the Gladysmon- "You know what to do."

The Gladysmon nods and connects another object on Restimon.

The energy flowing from his body was too much, he felt about to explode, his mind was now incapable of finding any peace nor reasoning.

A violent roar was the last thing Restimon did before jumping against the cube and viciously attacking it with all he had, to the point of even headbutting it.