Before I could find myself comfortable in the royal world, I was whisked here, there, and everywhere, to fundraisers, palace dinners, and get-togethers—it was a lot for little old me to take under her wing, I was treated as if I belonged in a viewing gallery and was taken out on loan by the rich and wealthy.

Everywhere I went with Blaine, people would look at me endlessly, either giving me daggers or looks of wildness and shock, as if it were humanly impossible for someone of my background to be handed this life like this.

I often found myself at night laying wild awake when the prince had fallen asleep, thinking over everything, what I was doing for, was it all worth it, and how I was going to manage when we actually were married...which come to think of it....

--------

"Are you excited?" Maeve bounced up and down as she stood behind me, tightening up the corseted wedding dress that I had custom made for me. It was bittersweet that the dress was inspired by my late mother; it had her signature look to it. I knew she would have demanded it and made sure that if this moment ever happened in her life and she was the one to create and make my dress, she would have been over the moon with excitement. 

I had decided to go non-traditional. I wanted to be remembered for all the right reasons, the first royal to defy the rules of the monarchy, the first commoner who married into royalty to fuck shit up. I wanted to be that bitch.

My dress was a black corseted master piece, it was scattered with sparkles on every inch of the dress, It was to die for and I knew it was something that my mum would have done—sparkles for the star that guides me, her. 

It had a slit in the middle of my breasts; for that, it was so claustrophobic, and I could still breathe. The underneath of the dress was a solid white colour just so that if anyone asked, I did have white on the dress somewhere, and I decided that instead of wearing a tiara or something stupid that I would have to replace with my princess tiara, I decided to wear a solid black cape that would cover the dress so that the only time you'd see the dress is when I finally made it down the alter.

"I don't know what I am feeling at the moment." I said, as before, Maeve could say anything else, someone's throat cleared, We both spun our heads in the direction of the door to be greeted by the queen of evil herself, "Queen Elora." Maeve spun around to curtsied myself, following a few seconds after.

She gave us a sickeningly warm smile and then looked over to me. "Could I speak to the bride on her own?" She demanded coldly as Maeve aggressively nodded, giving my arms a rub, and then made her way out of the room, leaving it in silence as the queen walked over to me and placed her hands on my shoulders as we looked into the full-body mirror and my reflection.

"I do apologise that I haven't been around as of lately, running a kingdom can lead to sacrifices, but I am glad to see that Blaine has decided to...settle," she said as I nodded and looked down, smoothing out my dress, trying to hide the act that her touch repulsed me. 

"I can remember when you first came to the palace with Lettie, your eyes were full of wonder and amusement looking at all the paintings of our leaders before, Your eyes lit up when your mother told you how many rooms we had, I was very fond of your mother, she was a saint as well as a very good seamstress," She added as I stopped myself from rolling my eyes, giving her a smile in the reflection of the mirror.

I nodded as the room fell silent and the queen detached her hands from my shoulders and stepped away from me, sighing.

"I do wish that Blaine would have persuaded you to go with a more traditional gown for the ceremony," she muttered, making her way to the door and leaving me so that I could roll my eyes and shake my head in pieces. witch.

Queen Elora spoke of my mother with such memories as if she were not the one at fault for her disappearance; it hit a nerve in my body that sent shivers down my spine. She was not to know how it made me feel. My mother was the reason they looked the best, had the best garments, and kept up royal fashion that nobody else could afford. She was also a mother, daughter, and wife. 

I took a deep breath as I heard the door creak open and walked in Maeve again. "They are ready for you, Caspian." she gave me a warm smile and I nodded, but on the inside, I was torn between vengeance and hurt.

I was hurt that mums little angel and dad's little troublemaker was finally getting married without their insight, without my dad to walk me down the aisle...or hobble anyway, without my mum to place the hood over me and hand me off to my dad, I couldn't confide in my parents on what it would be like to be married. Hell,  this whole experience would have sent my dad into a coma.

But I was motivated by vengeance, I needed to see this through, I needed to walk down the aisle, marry into the family that destroyed mine that do damage control, poke at every hole, every family tie, every servant to the queen that I could and slow rip the world she thought she controlled down, show her what's it's like when you are left on your own with nobody to turn to, nobody to ask for help, nobody to come home to, or to give you the love you once had.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               "May I now welcome Prince Blaine of Prothabia and Princess Caspian of Prothabia"