//Chapter one//

It was your first day at your new job. You were excited but mostly looking forward to meeting all the people you would work with. You arrived at the huge skyscraper that your new firm worked in. It had always been your dream to work as a model at one of the most important fashion magazines in the entire world. You walked into the building and a dozen of people already walked around the lobby even though it was only 5am. You took an elevator up to the sixth floor and as the door opened a fresh and sweet scent floated into your nose. You walked up to the secretary sitting at the front desk right in front of the elevator door. She showed you where you had yo go and you followed her directions. You were walking into a smaller room in the back and as you opened the door a face way too familiar ruined your whole day.
"Mickey. What are you doing here?"
You acted happy to see him because your new employee was sitting right next to him chatting with him. He turned around and smiled at you.
"Heyyyy. Y/N. Look at you. All grown up."
It had been four years since you last saw him and now you were glad to be a 22 year old in New York trying to finally work as a real model. What on earth would he want here? He got up and walked over to you giving you a biiiiig hug.
"Your brother here was just telling me about the time you and your family were living in Africa for a year helping poor children. That is so impressive."
You looked at your brother confused but quickly gave your boss a small nod and a smile.
"Alright i have to go now. It was so nice chatting with you, sir. But i have to take care of something really quick."
He turned around to you.
"I'll give you a ride after work."
And with that he just left. Your new boss explained what jobs will come up in the next weeks, what shootings etc. He introduced you to another few models that were just in the house to pick up something or look at other stuff. He introduced you to the photographer that will be working with you on most of your shoots and the brands you will work with. The day was filled with a lot of organizational matter and the hours quickly flew by. After your day was done you left the building and already recognized the black SUV standing in the street waiting for you. You got inside and found Mickey sitting in the backseat along with another guy, said other man seemed not much taller than you (your pretty tall already), he had a beautiful beard and wore an amazingly fitting, blue suit that brought out his defined arms and chest. He wore a pair of glasses that matched good with his gorgeous face structure, he looked up from a small notebook as you opened the car door and even slightly blushed as soon as he saw you. You only wore a basic outfit, a white baby tee, black suit pants and a brown leather jacket paired with a pair of black heels, hair up in a slick ponytail.
"Hey Mick."
You said now smiling honestly because you had in fact missed him. A lot. The past few years you had been traveling around america trying to find a solid job, your parents died when you were fifteen and Mickey looked after you until you were eighteen and then send you off to america to friends of him to help you get a job, because let's be honest america has a better model business. You gave him another hug after getting inside the car and closing the door.
"What was that you told my boss earlier? About Africa?"
"Oh yeah. That was only to make you look better."
"But it was a lie."
"But he did go for it, right?"
You only chuckled as your gaze fell on the mysterious, handsome man between Mickey and the other window.
"Aren't you going to introduce me?"
He looked behind him and smiled.
"That's Raymond, my personal assistant."
You nodded while putting down your black leather purse on your lap before asking another question.
"Hey. Where are you taking me anyway?"
"Enough with the questions. Tell me about you. What have you been up to all these years?"
"Mick. I am serious. Where are we going?"
Raymond looked up at Mickey and waited for a reaction, quietly listening to the conversation.
"There is something i might have to tell you."
"Oh, no. What did you do this time?"
"I didn't do anything. Not directly."
You scoffed.
"It's complicated Y/N."
He sighed.
"But all in all. I think i have to take you back home. My home. England."
"Are you kidding me?"
You almost yelled.
"I just started at my new job. You can't do this to me. I am NOT going anywhere. Forget it."
He sighed again before taking your hand.
"You are in danger, Y/N. I mean real danger. They found out about you and they know how much you mean to me. I have to try my best to keep you safe right now. And that works best if you are as close as possible."
You didn't even let him finish before you opened the car door and got out. You knew how dangerous his job sometimes gets which was part of the reason why you moved to america. But moving now for god knows how long would mean you can't take any shoots. You would immediately get fired. It would be the end of your just started career.
"I'm not going, forget it! He can't just pop into my life and ruin it like this."
You mumbled to yourself after you had closed the door, you covered your face with one hand and sighed trying to process this whole thing. You were so happy to see your brother again and then this? Mickey just sighed and looked at Raymond next to him with a searching gaze. He gave him a small nod and Mickey got outside as well.
"I can't with this right now."
You sinked into a squat and let out the biggest sigh. That week had been hard enough for you. Only two weeks ago your ex boyfriend broke up with you and now this? Mickey squatted down next to and stroke above your back.
"I know this is a lot. And i am sorry this is the way we have to meet again after so long. I really am. And i really missed you, kid."
You nodded. You got up and gave him another hug.
"And there's really NO other way? I mean there has to be. I can't just leave. Do you understand that? I have my whole life here now."
You sniffed.
"Could you just stop being so stubborn and get in the goddamn car. I am running out of patience."
He yelled at you with one arm pointing to the car. You slightly flinched at his sudden change of behavior but you wouldn't let ANY man talk to you like that, not even your brother
"Who do you think you are? Leaving a young girl all alone in a big city, with no friends, no family. Do you want to to know how many times i got scammed, tricked, harassed? I was just a child and you left me here. All alone. Just so you could have enough space and silence to do you filthy job. I hate you for what you did. That's not how your supposed to treat you little sister Mickey. And you can forget that i will just simply forgive you for what you've done to me and run along with your stupid evidence less plan."
You yelled right back at him, your voice breaking mid speech and even some small tiny tears rolling down your cheeks, people starting looking but you didn't care. Your brother walked up to you and stoped close in front of you with a strange calmness radiating from him.
"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I've been so scared the last couple of days that they might've already gotten to you. You have no idea how scared i have been all these years. You have to understand, i did this to protect you. I didn't want to "get rid of you". I missed you every single day and it hurt me just as much as you. But i wanted to do everything to keep you safe. Safe from my job...safe from me."
You sighed desperately before he gave you another hug. You sniffed into his chest as you wrapped your arms around him tightly.
"I hate you so much."
"I know. I deserve it."
"But not really."
You mumbled and made him chuckle.
"Are you ready to go back into the car now?"
You nodded and gave Raymond a swift glance. He was staring right back at you and as he caught your glance he blinked two times as if he was nervous and looked away again.
"Alright. Then you HAVE to tell me exactly why you are taking me to England on my first day at my first solid job!"