//Chapter four//

After dinner you asked if you could take a bath to relieve some of your stress and he showed you how to use the fancy bathtub. You let in the steaming water, dropped in some lavender oil you found, hit the light after putting on some candles and enjoyed your self care time. After a couple of minutes when you laid back and enjoyed the hot bath Raymond knocked on the door because he had forgotten to bring you a towel but you didn't hear him over the quiet music you had put on in the background and you were way too dozed off as well. Apparently you hadn't closed the door well enough so as he knocked it slightly opened, he didn't intend to but he couldn't keep himself from looking into the bathroom for the split second he had before he turned around quickly. All he saw was your head laying on the edge while your legs were folded and placed on the other side of the edge. But apparently what he saw was enough to get him blinking aggressively while having pink cheeks. He hesitated and decided to get back when you were done to bring you the towel. He sat down in the living room and started reading in dimmed light with a glass of whiskey standing on the small table in front of him. After a while he heard you talking to yourself quietly and audibly struggling with something.
"Uh. Raymond?"
You yelled awkwardly out of the bathroom. He was sure you were searching for a towel.
"Yes?"
You had an odd feeling of being a married wife, asking your husband for a towel and had to smile.
"I can't find any towels. Would you mind bringing me one?"
He got up and grabbed the towel he wanted to bring you earlier, he walked up to the door and hesitated again, questioning himself how he should bring it to you now. But he heard you slowly tab to the door, he saw how your small, dainty hand reached through the thin gasp that was open and he placed it carefully in your hand. He heard you quietly thanking him before he stepped back and you closed the door. He exhaled maybe a little too loud and was even more confused about why his breath suddenly fastened and his face felt so warm, he thought maybe it was all of the beautiful scents streaming out of the bathroom or her gorgeous voice or maybe it was just the thought of her sitting in that tub again with her long legs crossed over the edge while she hummed a Taylor Swift song. He shook his head, trying to loose those thoughts and went back downstairs to get the sofa ready to finally go to sleep. Only a few minutes later he heard you leave the bathroom quickly walk to the bedroom and close the door again, after another minute Rays bed was done and you walked down in your black, silk, Dior pj set to say goodnight and make sure he REALLY doesn't wanna switch and rather sleep in the bed than on the couch. Ray was only in his suit pants and a slightly more unbuttoned shirt (still covered up but more loose so he was more comfy) and looked at you emotionless as you walked down with a smile and said good night. Coldly he said it back and it concerned you how harsh he seemed.
"Are you sure you don't want to switch. I'm really fine sleeping on the-"
"I'm fine, kid. Just go to sleep."
He had turned around before interrupting you and sat down on the sofa as he was done. You were confused but decided it was best to leave him alone, you kept in mind that you knew nothing about him. Maybe that's how he really was like, he just acted a little nicer so you wouldn't be scared off immediately. As you went to bed you grabbed your phone and FaceTimed your best friend from back in NY.
"Heyyyy."
She answered a bit tired.
"I'm sorry. Did i wake you up? We can talk tomorrow if you want. It's really confusing with the time zones and all."
"No, no. Baby, it's fine. I wanna talk to you whenever i can. Tell me, how's England? Met any hot guys yet?"
She asked while raising her brows seductively. You both giggled and you thought about wether you should tell her about Raymond or not.
"I mean...there is this one guy."
And she only started giggling more and asked everything about him.
"Alright. I think i should go to sleep now too. I love you. Bye"
You hung up and put your phone aside before finally falling asleep.