Chapter 8 Maddie's improvement

"So as the next day went,by and week past very quickly Maddie was healing very well. So the doctors decided to discharge from the hospital this, morning exactly at nine Am so she is able go home but Still has to continue along with  her dialysis. treatments,Today is already Wednesday so her. Next appointment is today at Davita kidney care center and her first time there while doing nocturnal dialysis overnight, along days are Monday Wednesday. And Fridays so that mean she is off on the weekends and get to be with her friends and is free, but has limit what she drinks and eats. While recently diagnosed with renal failure.And has the limit on foods that are high In potassium which stinks because there's a lot and she doesn't want, to end up in the hospital again. So long taking medication and receiving dialysis and keeping it under control, it might take a while. Because this all knew to her and it can be confusing especially, for a teenager because they already. Have alot on their plate especially Maddie and now she has to fight and cope though this till is able to get, a kidney transplant

" Well Maddie I believe, you are doing phenomenal. You have made amazing progress along healing and recovering and has come along way since you first, admit here at Aspirus Stevens Point Hospital and believe, after first 2 dialysis treatments. Help you improve know do think so as the male doctor ask, as he the young lady while talking to her.

" Well If It wasn't for,dad and if he didn't call 911 the paramedics. Would have not have come in time to save my life it would, of been too late so I'm glad they. Rushed off to the hospital ounce I was quickly admitted and in he emergency room if weren't for all the doctors, especially including you. Quickly jump in to work on me it took awhile but you said I was critical condition and was unstable while, fighting save me at first you couldn't. Figure out what was wrong with me but after going through, all your medical school and reading books. After awhile you figured it and why I was so sick, and you explained it all to me and after. The long conversation and along a diagnosis of having stage four renal failure my only option I heard, from doctors is to receive dialysis. The other option is to go without and end up dying. So after I realized being very sick  for awhile and having a slight, set back and answering your question. I would say yes The is the only way to go, right now that until I'm a Living related donors. This all new to be so its giving be mixed felling along coping with my anxiety and is frustrated, and it's not fair that it has to be me. but there's nothing I can do about it at this point as the teenage, girl said while talking her doctor .

" I know life can, difficult, and suddenly your thrown a curveball. One day you're fine in the next thing you know you're very sick and your health is on the line. As long as you take your medicine and keep on visiting their local dialysis center three times a week, while being there nightly. Your treatment option we choose for is nocturnal do still wish, to proceed with that even though. You have to be on a machine while be dialyzed for at lest eight hours which seems like a long time along with side effects, while leave after dialysis. I know it make have mixed feelings are nervous about it but you seem like a strong girl and a long a fighter and, believe you can battle through. This you just got believe in yourself and say to yourself you can get through this along staying positive, I prescribe Atenolol because after that sudden cardiac arrest. You had recently and linked to kidney failure we want to start taking it but we will  start on, low dose just so it's to much. On your heart we don't want another episode like last time  next moving on along blood pressure I want keep you on , ACE inhibitors during the  dialysis your blood. Pressure was iffy for a while that we had keep an eye it closely while by monitoring it after a while, we able to mange by taking control. It so that's why we have on that medication again I'll have a low dose along I recommend taking, Potassium Binder that if you ever. Change something in your diet but it recommend. Especially for people who are receiving dialysis so, no it not an answer so you need to. Make sure while staying on top of it one last thing before i, discharge from the hospital.
Do you have any. Other questions as the male doctor asked will talking to the teen girl

" Actually I do what, time do I have to arrive at Devita, kidney care she asked.

" You arrive there, around after hours and should seven pm you. If you like you arrive a few minutes early since you are new and also two being first time. I already all about so you know so as finally answered your question, are you ready to go home. Even though it's only a short time as male doctor asked.

" Yes I am ready, said the girl.

" Ok perfect let me, go get your discharge papers so. I just took look one more time and if everything goes well, you can leave how are you feeling. Said the doctor

" Im doing ok still, I alittle week, kinda sluggigj and still recovering while my body is healing while fighting for my life and along with kidney falls that I fell like I don't have the energy. Right now I look a little pale and dont seem have my color back yet i fell like haven't walked in days, so I don't how good my balence. Will be when I walk so if, I can't do it look periods of time can. I be carried on be in a wheelchair she said

"Sure that's fine. said the doctor.Just take slowly and easy. And suggest you go nice and slowly if you choose to walk a little bit before you go because you been bedridden, for days now so I think you. Should test your mobility before you leave the hospital if you, are not able to walk long distances yet you can. Always use a wheelchair

Severe loss of kidney function causes metabolic wastes to build up to higher levels in the blood. Damage to muscles and nerves can cause muscle twitches, muscle weakness, cramps, and pain. People may also feel a pins-and-needles sensation in the arms and legs and may lose sensation in certain areas of the body. The doctor also pointed out to her as well.