//11//

May's POV

I am straightening my hair, while Alice is walking around in her underwear, looking for her shoes.
"Alice can you please get on your dress? You will find your shoes anyway and we have just ten minutes left till David will pick us up."

We will go to George's house party. As far as I know he wants to celebrate that the tour is over. David came over yesterday and told us we are all invited. I was like 'No not me because he barely knows me at all' , but David assured me that George invited us all!

Finally I am ready and put my outfit on. A black lace top, black skinny jeans and black high heels.
"Really May? Black from head to toe?"
"Stop quoting The 1975...and yeah why not??"
Alice sigh and turns to her reflection in the mirror. She looks like a dream. Bordeaux red dress, curly hair and black heels. And then there is me, just average.
A knock on our door signals David is here.
"Ladies are you ready?"
"Yeah babe. One moment...", Alice shouts.
"May, are you alright?"
I hate that question. Everyone was asking me that in the last days. I don't know how if I am alright. But to reassure her I put on a big smile.
"Yes, let's go!"
Passing her, I notice her glare. She isn't really convinced but she decides to don't say anything and we leave the apartment.

When we arrive George's house, the music is so loud, the beat even invites to dance before you enter.
The door is open, so we just go in.
People are dancing to the R 'n' B music, alone or with a partner. Some of them look like they are having sex.

"Want a drink?", Alice shouts.
"Yeah why not?", I shout back and she grabs my hand , pulling me in the kitchen. David is in there too talking to Adam who smiles when he notices me.
"Hi, May is it right?"
"Yeah hey Adam"
He turns to David again ad I take one of the bottles standing there.
"Wanna get wasted today?", a voice asks and makes me jump.
George is grinning in my face, putting a red plastic cup to his lips.
"Well maybe..." I pick up one of the bottles. Hmm seems to be vodka...
"Let me mix you a good drink." George says.
While mixing a drink, he starts chatting.
"Cool you came around."
"Thanks for inviting me", I smile and look around.
"Do you like partys?"
"Honestly? No actually not. I prefer staying at home with a nice book or movie ya know?"
"Ugh but that's boring love...how old are you?"
"Nearly twenty..."
"You need to go out, having fun, smoking stuff, drinking! You're too hot for being so uptight love"
"Well thanks, that's a compliment I guess"
"Yeah", he grins. "Here you are May. A nice drink mixed by me"
He gives me the cup with a camp bow.
I place it between my lips.
"Wow that tastes really good"
A girl is shouting George's name and he winks before he walks over to her.

Sipping my drink I walk around, watching the people dancing or getting wasted. I never really went to partys before. I drank some alcohol sometimes, and yeah I was getting high a few times but I noticed that I was not a big party girl so I usually avoided partys and stayed at home till Alice came back and told me the new gossip she always got on these partys.

My glare falls on a pretty blonde girl, who seems to have an argument with somebody. When I get closer, I notice the familiar messy dark curls and all black dressed guy. It is Matty and this girl has to be Chelsea, his girlfriend. She looks stunning with her red snug dress and heels. Matty just looks like always, he replies annoyed to something Chelsea said and she spins around and walks away. I look after her and when I put my eyes back on Matty, he is looking at me with a little smirk.

I decide to ignore him and take another sip of my drink, when he comes over.
"Hi May. What a surprise to meet you here"
"Not for me", I shrug.
"Excuse me?", he asks confused.
"You like partys so it's not a surprise for me that you're here"
I avoid his intensive glare. Why d I feel dizzy when I look into his dark chocolate brown eyes? Maybe it's the alcohol?

I try to pass Matty but I stumble and dig my fingers in his arm to not stumble over my feet.
"You alright?", Matty whispers.
I nod and relinquish his arm.
"May, can we talk?"
I sigh. No that wasn't my plan for today actually.
"Okay", I mumble and Matty pulls me upstairs and we enter a room like a bedroom.
Matty sits down on the bed but I leaned on the closed door.
"Come here please"
"If you lay a finger on me I swear to god-"
"No! I didn't mean it like that!", Matty is shocked. "I really want to talk."
After one warning glare, I am sitting down next to him but with much space between us.

"Okay, let's talk then!" Suddenly I am angry. Maybe it is because of the alcohol streaming through my veins and make me more emotional, or maybe because I don't know what the hell he wants from me.
Matty smiles, it is a sad smile and it doesn't reach his eyes.
"Well I don't know how to start this..."
"Its okay you don't need to apologise"
"What?"
"I know, you didn't mean falling for me like THAT and I apologie for saying it back. You have a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend it-"
"May stop it! That's not what I mean?"
"It's not?" Now I am confused.
"Should I explain? "
I nod.

"When I told you I think I am falling for you, I meant it! God how could I not? You are beautiful, smart and it's a pleasure talking to you. The thing is, me and Chelsea, we are together for ages and to be honest with you...I cannot imagine my life without her right now. She was my best friend since we were teenagers and we thought why not spend the rest of your life with your best friend?! Yeah we both had one-night-stands, but we didn't care and it was never a big topic because we talked about these things. Well, what's the point now? If we would be together, I could never see an other girl than you. And i- I don't know how to explain it....I'd don't want to hurt you, May, you understand?"

I just look at Matty, stunned. Here he is, pulling his heart out. But he makes it clear we could not be together, which makes my heart break.
He stops talking and looks at me now, eagerly.
" I understand what you mean. It's the same with me and Tyler. Though he is a bitch sometimes, I could never break up with him", I mumble avoiding his glare.
He lays his finger under my chin and makes me looking at him.
His dark eyes make me feeling dizzy and I suddenly have an idea.
"What about a trade?"
He furrows, "A trade?"
Now i sputter, fascinated by his beautiful eyes.
"Yeah, look you have problems with your girlfriend, your relationship seems to be boring right now. And I have problems with Tyler as well..."
"You don't only have problems with him love. He is-"
"That's not the point! I mean, obviously we like each other. But maybe it's the wrong time right now.
So why don't we be just friends and help each other to invigorate ties with our partners?"

Matty seems to be interested. He looks over me.
"Are you sure? I mean it would be nice to keep this friendship! I would love that!" And he smiles, angelic.

In that moment, my heart really breaks the first time because of Matty Healy. But I agree with the trade because it is the only way to not lose him.

...................

Hey guys;)

Ohhh will this trade work???
They both fell for each other but they don't want to break up with their partners.....well we'll see right? ;))

Okay I am so happy for nearly 300 readers it's amazing

Please keep reading and comment, vote or share this story
Ily, Sarah xx