//31//

Matty's POV

She is different today.
Chelsea seems happier than ever.
And that's my fault. I made her believe we got through it. That I still love her when I don't.
Well I kind of do, but not like before.

She wants to stay at home tonight.
She is asking if I want some tea and when I told her that would be great, she walks in the kitchen.

We sit at the table, in silence.
Not really bad, but I can't handle it because my head is full of words how to tell her what I have done.
Chelsea is nipping at the cup and I blurt out.
"Chelsea I had an affair!"
She is looking at me for a second.
"That's not funny Matty!"
No! She thinks it's a joke.
"It's the truth! It started a few months ago..."
Now she is sitting down again.
"Who is she?"
"May"
"The girlfriend of Tyler? The girl we met on record store day?"
I nod.
"Oh my god! I can't fucking believe it! You! You did tell me for years that I would be the one cheating on you because I have many friends who are boys and now look at you! You fucker!"
Chelsea is getting furios.
"Babe please-"
"Oh don't you even start! And don't you dare calling me babe again! You will leave! Tonight!"
I grab her hand. "Chelsea can we not talk this out? It's over! We have ended it, I don't even love her. I love-"
"Stop it! I don't fucking care if it's over or not."
She looks at me. "Just tell me one thing. If I would be you now and I would tell you I cheated, would you ever forgive me?"

I don't answer. And she knows why.
"No you wouldn't! So why should I? Leave!"
She gets up again and turns away.
Suddenly she hesitates and slaps me in my face.
I don't react, and Chelsea just starts sobbing and leaves the apartment.

I deserve that!

May's POV

A chair is smashing against a wall.
Tyler rushes in the kitchen, looking for something else to throw.
I follow him.
"Tyler let me explain-"
"Shut up! Shut the fuck up! I don't wanna hear a single word!"
I touch his back but he pushes me away.
I crash against a door frame, crying out because it hits my shoulder pretty hard.
Tyler is pushing over a big plant pot.
"Please Tyler! Don't be like this!"
He turns around. His eyes are black because of his rage and he is breathing very fast.
"Calm down, you can do it!"

He grabs my arms, pressing me against the frame.
"You want to tell me what I should do?! What are you expecting? Should I laugh? Should I be happy that my girl has slept with somebody else?", he shouts.
"Tyler you're hurting me!", I cry.
"Tell me! Where did he touch you? How did he fuck you? Did you like it?"
"Tyler-"
"TELL ME!", he yells.

"I'm so sorry Tyler! I'm so sorry!", I sob.
He puts his finger under chin, raising my head to face him.
"I loved you. I wanted to change for you! And you? You just throw it away!"
"I'm so sorry!"

He closes his eyes.
"Leave!"
"What?"
He opens them again.
"I can't be with you knowing all you have on your mind is he!"
What the fuck?!
"You can't-? Okay and what about me? You have fucked so many girls and I never pushed you away! NEVER!"
"But they didn't mean anything to me and you know that. But you...you never fuck someone just for fun. You are falling in love with him."
"But...We ended the affair! It's over!"
"Yeah this relationship is over too. My therapist told me to change something in my life and I guess that's it."

Pressing my hand on my mouth to not start screaming and crying I grab my coat and leave Tyler's apartment.

Blind with tears I stumble down the streets.
Actually I don't know where I would end up, but I don't care.
I walk around a corner, stop and try to catch my breathe, when someone whispers: "May?"