FORTY - TWO

The kitchen utensils were stacked in the sink as Becky's soft laughter filled the house. The plates were already empty on Freen's coffee table in the living room, and the two girls were talking almost in a whisper, sitting on the couch under Sam's watchful gaze, who lay on the armchair wondering why they were still awake when dawn was breaking. Sam closed his eyes for several minutes, tired of waiting to be left to rest, yet neither Freen nor Becky seemed to be sleepy.

-It's dawn,- Becky said, looking out the window. -My God, what time is it?-

-Late enough for yesterday, and too early for today,- Freen stretched. -Maybe we could try to get some sleep.-

-Don't you work tomorrow? Or well, today?-

-Not until the afternoon.-

-Ah, great,- suddenly the thought of spending the whole morning in bed with Freen clouded Becky's mind. -Well then, maybe we should sleep for a bit,- she cleared her throat, -you won't happen to have a toothbrush for me, right?-

Freen smiled and nodded. After giving her a new toothbrush and indicating where everything was in the bathroom, Freen returned to the living room to clean up the remnants of that dinner-breakfast, with thoughts swirling in her head about what was going to happen next. She could hear Becky moving around the apartment, and a knot of nerves settled in her stomach for the first time all night.

She finished cleaning the kitchen and leaned on the countertop with both hands, trying to calm herself. -It's okay, Freen,- she thought, -you've been alone with Becky a million times. Breathe.- But she was nervous, so much so that she felt her body vibrating. She left the kitchen and headed to the bathroom. Becky was no longer there, but she could hear her moving in the next room. Freen took the opportunity to wash her face and brush her teeth, tempted to take one of her pills to calm down the terrible nervousness she was feeling. But she restrained herself. -This isn't bad. It isn't. Don't fret over this,- she repeated to herself like a mantra. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and headed to her bedroom. But Becky wasn't there. She went out again and reached the small guest room.

-What are you doing here, huh?- Freen asked.

-Well, I was waiting for you to finish to say  goodnight- Becky replied, shrugging.

-Becky...- Freen laughed. -You don't think you're going to sleep here, do you?-

-Well, I also didn't want to assume certain things,- she looked down.

-Hey,- Freen called her attention. -I want you to sleep in my bed,- Becky held her breath. -With me.-

Becky didn't need anything more. She stood up slowly and took several steps until she reached Freen's level, who didn't move an inch from the door frame she was leaning against. Becky pushed a strand of Freen's hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear, trailing her hand down the girl's neck. Freen closed her eyes at the touch and sighed as she reached out her arm and pulled Becky's waist toward her.

When their bodies pressed together, cutting off the air, and their noses brushed against each other, they both became aware that there were few chances of stopping once it started. But neither of them wanted to stop, so it was Freen who first tilted her head slowly, seeking Becky's lips, who smiled at the kiss as if she had been given a birthday gift.

The electric shock Freen felt throughout her body was incomparable to anything she had felt before. Their lips fit together as Becky hugged her around the waist. She pressed her against her body while the girl wrapped her arms around her neck, preventing their mouths from separating even a millimeter. Freen began to step towards her bedroom. Awkwardly, still kissing, they made their way to the edge of the bed, and Freen's legs bumped into the mattress. Becky noticed that resistance, put her hands on Freen's shoulders to make her sit down, and before Freen could object, she straddled her, resting on her lap. Freen's hands went down her back, her hips, until they went under her thighs to hold her and prevent her from falling. She squeezed so tightly that Becky let out a moan that made Freen completely lose her mind.