Chapter : 21

Silence.

It was the only thing alive in the Miraki's apartment. You were sitting on the L shaped sofa while starring at window's long curtains which you pulled down. Also made sure the main door and all windows were locked. The mind was drowning in the ocean of questions. Tried to get connect with any answer.

Earlier ,

It almost took you solid five minutes to calm yourself down. When you were relaxed once in a short amount of time you took cold shower and changed into comfy clothes. You had left some clothes of yours at Miraki's place because when you couldn't tolerate anything at own house Miraki's place was safe for you.

You tsked and grabbed the water bottle and drank all of it with one sip.

"It is concerning question that how the hell he knew where I was going without following me? And why even he was behind me all along? What that guy even wanted? That's true Eri said she had very important things in the car and she's involved with lots of men. maybe something really happened between her and then the man wanted to harm her. If he wanted to steal anything he would when I left the car running for elevator but instead he followed me up here. Suppose he wanted to harm Eri so why he followed me? It was absolutely clear he seen my face. And that means Eri has no connection with this incident. It is all about me. He came for me not her."

"But but I don't get it who was that man oh gosh I didn't even see his face I had the chance to see but heck I was panicking too much to even look at him...oh wait hold on I'm sure this complex has security cameras around it? Yeah yeah! Right I need to see cctv foota-AHH!"

A sudden knock on the door made you flinch. Your heart was pounding wildly. Slowly tiptoeing over the door and looked through the door lock's little gap to see who was it. Two familiar faces. Miraki was fixing Alice's hair while talking about something. You took a deep breath and happily opened the door knowing that it wasn't him. It couldn't be him this time.

Alice's face lightened up by seeing you after a long day. She gave you a side hug and threw herself on the sofa. Both of them surely had fun.

"Hey Y/n~ when did you arrive? I bet your night was amazing in...other way ofcourse" - Miraki gave you wink while taking off her shoes.

She was talking to you but you weren't listening what she said. Because you noticed something odd.

A small piece of white paper laying down on the doormat you tossed over earlier in rush. You quickly bent down and picked it up. When you saw the exact words which were written on it your mind had stopped working itself. You stood there silently just rereading the same words again and again. Whispering through yourself.

"I am watching you."
- HS..

HS? What was it? It was probably a clue of a name which belonged to that man. You shoved that piece of paper inside the grey sweatpant's pocket and hurriedly closed the door.

"Y/n? What were you doing outside? I asked you something if you didn't hear-" Miraki scanned your face.

"Uhm well I was fixing the doormat it wasn't at the right position and about the question you asked yeah around thirty minutes ago. And for your kind information it was good I guess but don't think I hooked up with someone" - you whispered the last sentence with a forced smile.

"Okay what's going on? This is literally so hot here and you closed up all windows I'm burning here goodness let me ope-" Miraki's words interrupted when you suddenly yelled at her.

"NO!"

A confused look had fell over Miraki's face as she stopped moving and walked over to you instead. You noticed Alice was starring at you. Alice might was young to understand but surely Miraki felt something was off with you. She always knew when you weren't fine.