Chapter 4|Stop your Yapping

my friend made a story. its a work in progress. School and Love by  

"Why haven't you made any progress with Michael?" Y/N's father seethed. "I've known him for a week! And he's such a jerk! He bullies his siblings and probably does drugs!" Y/N sighed and laid back on the couch. She really wished she and Michael could be at least acquaintances. "What's gotten into you? It's been a week, sure, but he's seemed to have a negative influence on you! I can't believe you would let him affect you this way. Go have food before I get the cops called on me." 

Y/N happily ran out of the room and ate some food. Soon after she was done, she received a text from Charles. Tonight, they were having dinner with William and Michael. At a fancy restaurant, she presumed. Probably to 'discuss' the arrangement. Y/N took a second to picture her with Michael. It might be easier if he was nicer and treated his siblings better. He already had the looks, Y/N didn't deny it.

They were supposed to dress fancy, so Y/N chose a white dress with no sleeves. Y/N wondered what Michael would look like when he wore civilized clothing. The thought made her blush, but also internally scold herself. Stupid, stupid. It was stupid to do that.

Y/N patted her bed down for her phone. "Man, I left it at the Afton's... Dad! Can I grab my phone real quick?" Y/N heard a faint grunt and walked to the Aftons. She rang the doorknob. Clara answered the door and a smile graced her face. "Oh my! You look gorgeous baby! Come in, come in!" Y/N smiled sheepishly, not used to getting praised, and stepped inside. Chris sat on the couch close to Liz with his arm around her. He saw Y/N and blushed heavily. She winked at him and his attention was pulled back to Liz and the TV.

"Hey hon, I think you left your phone upstairs when you played with the kids. Michael put it safely in his room so the kids couldn't do anything." Clara giggled and her hand covered her mouth. Y/N headed upstairs and knocked on Michael's door. It felt like it took him 20 minutes to open the door, even though was less than 15 seconds. Oh gosh, Y/N thought, is he gonna think I look bad? Is he gonna be disgusted?

His reaction was quite the opposite. His face turned a light shade of pink and he quickly turned away, waving you to come in. "Here's your phone, brick face. Now lemme get ready." Y/N heard him mumble 'fuggin' bitch,' but she chose to ignore it. Michael had locked himself in the bathroom now, so Y/N just took a second to look at his room.

It had dark gray walls with posters and papers covering the surface area. He had a desk with some art supplies and a notebook, next to a computer monitor. It wasn't very fancy, but it was okay. Box-y. His bed was probably a full size, with black covers and a gray pillowcase. Something that had easily grabbed her attention was the bright red electric guitar hanging on the only blank space on his wall. Y/N stepped closer cautiously like it was an animal in the wild. She plucked the string and gently caressed the lower part. "Can you not? That was pretty expensive. With you, you're bound to like, fall on it or something." Alas, fate came true and she jumped back and hit her head on the near bed frame. Michael snickered.

Y/N groaned and got up from her awkward position. "Oh my goodness you're.. in a towel?!" Y/N ran out of the room and shut the door quickly. Her face contorted, but the butterflies in her stomach were having a seizure. 

Y/N's luck had already run out, if there was any present today, as she smaller into a tall figure, staggering back 3 feet. "Sorry, dear. Is Michael being a jerk again? I heard you slam the door."

"No, sir. We're okay, he just... startled me." Cue awkward laugh.

"Alright. Be ready in an hour and we'll drive you and your dad to the place. You look gorgeous by the way." Again, he winked at her. He was quite handsome, to say the least. We know where Michael gets it from. His messy hair nearly covered his silver eyes. He was a tall and slim figure, but not too skinny. He wore black dress pants matched with a black belt, and for his shirt, he wore a white button-up, with a black vest and dark purple tie. He lingered for a moment, then flashed a smile before walking away.

"Ew, stop eye-undressing my dad," Michael smirked, "It's low-key kinda gross."

"I wasn't! Why would you think so, are you jealous?" Y/N smirked. "You wish. I'm gonna smoke out in the back. Can you grab the bottle under the towels in the closet next to you?" Michael asked, pointing to the closet door. Y/N pulled out a large glass bottle, which was unsurprisingly Vodka. "Why do you have this? Aren't you like 17?" Michael shrugged. "Yeah. So? Don't tell Father. You can have some if you want as long as you stop bitching. Like, shut up every once in a while." He grumbled the last part. "You're probably too lame, though. And you're a girl."

A part of me wanted to impress him and go with him, show him that I'm not what he thinks, but the other part said to leave him alone and go away. I chose to go with. "What's that supposed to mean? I'm a goodie two shoes?" I scoffed. "I'm up for it." He looked me up and down. "Okay... You're probably a lightweight." He snickered. He started walking back into his room and unlocked the window. I stood there awkwardly, 'til I got the hint I was supposed to follow him.

He threw the pack of cigarettes and Vodka out the window then jumped down effortlessly. I staggered after him, almost falling three different times in the process. It was a small secluded area in between the backyard and front yard. A blanket was laid on the short green grass. Michael sat against the brick wall and I sat opposite him. He lit the cigarette with a black lighter and took a swig of vodka. I grimaced slightly and he chuckled. "You try." He passed me the bottle and I took a small sip, gagging after. "What the hell this tastes like metal!" He burst out laughing. "I knew it. It's something you gotta get used to. Maybe another time. We gotta get back inside before we have to leave, brickface."

Y/N stood up and maneuvered in between the bushes to get into the backyard and walk inside. 

'AWHHHH! MIKEY'S WITH Y/N!" Liz jumped up in Michael's pathway, with Christopher sniggering behind them.

"Shut up Liz! She's shit ugly!"

"Stop being mean, that's not true! You told me that you-" He put his hand over her mouth. "Little prick. Why don't you just go play with your dollies?"

"Stop it, Michael. She didn't do anything. You're supposed to be a big brother but all you've been is an asshole!"

He looked at me with hatred. He said nothing more and walked into his room, slamming the door.

William walked in the room. "1 hour 'til we leave, dear. I'll let Michael know to get ready." He walked upstairs, knocking softly on Michael's door. "Go away, father." Wiliiam frowned. "What's wrong, Michael?" He awkwardly opened Michael door and sat on his bed. Michael was laying on his stomach, face buried in his pillow. "You can talk to me, son." Michael sighed. "Why am I like this? Why do I have to be like this? All I can do is bully Evan and Liz, and I get all nervous around Y/N. I don't know why!" WIlliam chuckled. "When I met your mother, we hated each other. She was best friends with Henry's late wife, and we met at their wedding. Clara's mother had taken a liking to me, which was weird to say the least, and she was angry and grossed-out, naturally. I was always rude to her. She was always rude to me. One day, her dad and my old-man died in a car accident. The most special bond, minus a family bond, is made through trauma." Michael sat up and William put his arm around him. "Y/N's pretty special. Just try to be nicer, don't show off. The ladies love it when big brothers are sweet to their little brothers." They exchanged a hug. "Now get ready. Dinner's in 45 minutes. I bought you a nice little adorable suit. It's hanging in your closet. I bet Y/N will be like, 'Awh! Michael's sooooo cute!" William fluttered his fingers like little wings. "And she'll be like, 'O-M-G!!!" He squealed and Michael laughed breathily. "Thanks father."