Chapter 5|young love

The car ride to the restaurant had been quiet so far. The silence was loud. Mr. Afton and my dad put me and Michael next to each other, unfortunately. William kept winking at Michael and Michael kept rolling his eyes. My father broke the silence. "As you know Michael, we have some interesting news. We will discuss it further at the dinner, but here's the surface-level explanation. You're going to marry Y/N." Michael's eyes seemed to bug out of his head and I looked down in embarrassment, pulling my dress over my legs. "But... you can't ship me off like that! It's not two centuries ago!" I looked up and threw my hands in the air. "That's what I said!" My father scowled at me. William spoke. "It's for the best, love. I promise it won't be as bad as you think. Michael can be a sweet little boy!" William ruffled Michael's hair and he groaned.

"It will be in a couple of years, so I suggest you two get to know each other better and hang out more." It was bad knowing that I was going to have to marry Michael, but it's worse that he knows now.

Soon enough we were at our booth. It would have been a slightly enjoyable dinner if were were just with Michael and Afton, but of course my dad had to ruin it all. Please Jesus I'm begging you to get him away from me. "Well, Y/N what kind of stuff do you like?" Michael looks awkward while asking the question.

Ah, what a fun topic.

"I like dogs. I have one named Mr. Kitty, don't judge I named him when I was little. I like (F/A) favorite artist. I'm pretty suckish at drawing but I enjoy it. " Michael's eyes lit up a bit. "Cool. I'm more of a cat person. Have you met Soup? Probably not. I love to draw and play guitar, ya know, the one you almost bonked into." William chuckled a bit, his accent thick. Your father just kept the same look of disgust. His phone chimed and he showed WIlliam, running out panicked. Thanks, Jesus.

"Okay, not that the buzzkill's gone," WIlliam started. You snorted a bit. "...We can have a bit of fun. Let's get to know each other by asking questions!" 

"Okay... I'll start. Michael, what's the next thing you're looking forward to?" As soon as William turned away for a second, he flipped you off. You returned it. "Prolly Evan's birthday in a month. We're having it at the diner and it's a private event, thank God. More babysitting equals more money, Y'know? Now about you... bitch." He whispered the last part under his breath. I just laughed. "Oh, Michael. Be polite! Don't be so immature. I'm sure your father doesn't want you to be calling me the-" He coughed, shooting me an evil glare. I just smirked. William was cluelessly staring off into the distance. I stared at him for a bit too long, clearly, because Michael grumbled. "Dumb bitch stop staring at my dad." He whispered in my ear. "Mr Afton?" I got his attention respectfully. "Oh! Sorry. Yes, love?" I tried to hide the smirk building on my face. "Michael just told me he'd love to take me to the mall on Saturday! Is that okay, Mr. Afton?" He smiled brightly. His teeth were oddly white. "Oh yes! He has plenty of his own money, so he can pay for you of course." I smiled innocently. Michael's head was in his hands. "Don't mess with me." I whispered in his ear.

____________________________________________

Chris walked into my room hand in hand with Liz. A proud look was on both of their faces. "Y/N! I have a girlfriend!" I nearly spit out the chocolate milk I was drinking. "Excuse me! You guys are dating?" Elizabeth's hands were on her hips. "That's right! I confessed my undying love for him and were gonna get married soon too." I smiled and put my hand on Christopher's shoulder. "Treat her well, little dude. From knowledge, and because I'm a girl, women are like a ball and chain on your ankle." I laughed. His proud attitude did not fade.

"Oh, and Y/N?", Liz asked, looking up at me, "Mikey called you cuteee!" She squealed and my face turned red. "No, he couldn't have, Liz. Sorry." She rolled her eyes. "Oblivious monkey." Wow. I'm not gonna get mad at a kid... nope. 

Sorry guys, this was kinda a short and boring chapter. I hate it. Y/N and Mikey will start being friends chapter 7. since its a slow burn i have everything planned

stage one- hatred 🤗 heres where we are now

stage two- friends

stage three- besties

stage four- almost lovers

stage five- in love