Chapter 8|Chaotic...ness

"HELP Y/N HELP HELP!" Loud screams woke Y/n up. A surge of adrenaline made her forget about the lost sleep and she went to Chris's room. 

It was just a nightmare. 

He was shaking violently. He looked glistening with sweat and blankets and pillows were scattered on the floor. "Hey! Buddy! It's okay... It was just a nightmare..." Y/N spoke quietly as she picked him up. He was sobbing and his hands were tangled in his hair. "It was bad, Y/N! So bad!! They were everywhere!" He continued to shout. 

Two pairs of feet charged up the stairs. "What the fuck is this bullshit! Go to sleep Y/N stop bothering your brother! Chris stop screaming you little brat!" Her father hit Y/N and she flinched away. 

her mother looked in horror. "You didn't just fucking slap my baby!" Chris continued to cry loudly. Y/N's father yelled at Amanda. "Shut up! I basically own all of you and this house! I could throw you out in a second!" She pushed Y/n's mom against the wall and threw her to the floor. Y/N pulled Chris out of the room in a flash and locked him in the bathroom.

"Stop Dave!" Y/N's mother yelled. 

She heard a loud thud...

Then nothing. 

then whispers

Then a frustrated scream. It was fake and forced.

"I'm leaving! I hate you Dave, and...Chris...and," The voice cracked. "and Y/N."

.

.

Y/N ran to the bathroom where Chris was. He was sobbing silently on the small bathroom rug. "Mom left." Her voice was low and Whistful. A lot of feelings went through her. Would she tell the police? Would her father go mad? Most importantly, why would she leave her children? Chris finally relaxed. Y/N read the analog clock at 3:56 am. Her first day of school was today. How refreshing. 

She longed to be with Michael, but it was 4 in the morning. Just go find him..." Y/N's voice urged in her head. How would she leave Chris? She decided to lock him in his bedroom. His violent crying helped the process of falling asleep. Then she would go to Michael and wake him up even though he was asleep. The plan worked perfectly. Chris didn't wake back up and she successfully snuck out after her mother packed her bags and left. 

Y/N didn't cry, for some reason. She was numb. She snuck in through the door and tip-toed upstairs to Michael's bedroom. They bumped into each other at the door, and Y/N fell back. "Shit! I heard screaming! Are you okay? What happened?!" Michael said as he helped Y/N up. She pushed him into his room and shut the door behind her. "Oh my gosh, Michael..." She sat on the floor and tangled her hands in her hair. She slowly and silently rocked herself as Michael sat next to her, drawing small circles with his thumb on her leg. 

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" Michael asked after some time of sitting silently minus the sniffling. Y/N looked up. Dry tears stuck to her face like paint. "I... Chris had a nightmare. I checked on him. My dad hit me and... and my mom left!" Y/N threw her hands in the air. "What am I going to do without a mom, Michael? I'm literally starting high school in three hours!" Michael hugged Y/N. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Do you feel safe living at your house right now? I could talk to my dad."

"Don't!" Y/N broke away and shouted suddenly. "I can't leave Chris and the cops can't be notified because I'm under 18! They'll take me away to some shelter!" 

"I understand. Anytime, you can come here. No matter the circumstance." He led her to the front entrance room. "Okay, we can quietly get your stuff and you can stay here for today. Write your dad a note." Y/N nodded and Michael took an umbrella from the closet. "Here." Y/N scooted slightly closer to him to fit under the umbrella for the short time of crossing the road.  

Hey Dave, I'm going to stay with Michael for a bit. Chris will also stay with us. You'll have the house to yourself and we'll be out of your way. William will pay for everything while chris and I are gone.

Y/N dropped the note next to his wine cabinet. Obviously, that'll be the place he goes first.

It was 5 am now, and Y/N started getting ready for school.

She wore [type top in comments]. She didn't want to stand out on her first day, but she didn't want to look bad. To match, she wore [bottoms in comments]. Michael helped Y/N do her hair. Surprisingly, he had been pretty good because he'd done it with Lizzie. He did a nice and simple [you know the drill] with a little [add detail because we don't wanna be boring]. Some shoes, no makeup/some makeup, and that was it. 

She was starting high school.

In an hour.

.

.

William walked out of his room in loose pajama pants with his wet hair dripping down his forehead. He lazily got a teabag out of a drawer and didn't look in Michael or Y/N's direction, until... well, he did. He yelped out of surprise. Y/N's face turned a shade of pink as she noticed the man. "Sorry, Dad! Y/N just came here..." She gave him a look. "Just a couple of minutes ago. I'm walking to school with her." Michael scratched the back of his neck. "Oh.. Uh, sounds good son. Just let me know next time. Gotta run the kids to school..." He said awkwardly as he walked back up the stairs.

Y/N's face suffocated in a pillow in embarrassment. "Michael," She seethed. "You didn't tell me he was gonna be... shirtless!" Michael laughed and pointed his finger at her. "Hah! A minor likes my dad!" Y/N rolled her eyes and checked the time. "It's 6:29. We should start walking. Do you know the directions?" 

"Please doll, don't underestimate me. I already memorized them."

There was that stupid nickname again.

"But yeah, let's go." Y/N and Michael walked out of the door. 

.

.

guys not me having a mental breakdown last night and falling asleep crying

this 'preppy' girl in my class will not shut up her name is Evelyn she's a teachers pet to say the least....

pray for me before I smack her with the iconic buttersock

also my brothers keep moaning and its annoying