・❥・ Chapter 1

"This is so boring mom; I want to go home!!" Oikawa whined as he kicked his feet against the bench. "Tooru honey, just wait a tiny bit more, we are waiting for an order." His mother said as she waited patiently, "Why not go watch the skaters a tiny bit dear? "She suggested as she looked around. Oikawa sighed and was peeved at the wait. He went to the edge of the outer rink and just watched.

"This is so boring; I've always hated skating...." he mumbled under his breath as he tried to distract himself. He looked around as he saw older kids skating around and others falling flat on their faces.

His eyes widened as he saw another kid, around his age, skating gracefully. He had silky sliver hair and a tiny mole under what seemed to be his right eye. The young boy was smiling as he did all sorts of tricks in his tiny area and skated along. Oikawa felt full and felt all his annoyance wash away. "Tooru! Time to go!" His mother called out as she held the packages in her hands. "Coming mom. "He mumbled as he remained mesmerized. He reluctantly walked over to his mom, and they soon left the rink. "Mom, can we come back tomorrow?" he asked as he watched the rink disappear from his eyesight. She hummed, "Of course honey, what's with the sudden interest? I thought skating always bore you to death "She said as she chuckled. He just shrugged, "Alright honey, we can come back tomorrow." She said as she smiled.

~~~

"Tooru! Please be safe!" His mom yelled out as Oikawa ran into the entrance. She laughed softly and headed after him. Oikawa frantically searched around for that same boy he saw yesterday, and then he saw a head of silver hair dash right in front of him. He smiled excitedly and tried to catch up with the boy, "Hey kid! You need to wear skates to get on the ice!!" An employee yelled out. Oikawa jumped and apologized profusely, he quickly ran to go on and get skates from the locker. He hurriedly put them on and carefully got onto the ice. As he was trying to hold onto the wall, he ended up slipping and fell. He winced and as he was trying to get up, a hand popped up in front of him.

It was the boy he was trying to reach. He had brown eyes and silver hair that fell gently around his face. "O-oh thank you!" Oikawa managed to squeeze it out. The boy softly smiled and helped him up. "Are you okay?" he asked as he inspected Oikawa for any injuries. Oikawa shyly shook his head. "I can teach you how to skate! I love skating and I'm not training right now!" the young boy suggested as he smiled. Oikawa blushed lightly, "I would love that!" he said enthusiastically.

"What's your name" Oikawa asked as he tried to stand upright, he noticed that he was taller than the boy who was in front of him. "I'm Sugawara Koushi! I always come to this rink to do my training; I have a very strong passion for it!" He said as he rubbed the back of his head. Oikawa beamed, "Woah! That's so cool!" He said as he smiled brightly. Sugawara blushed lightly and looked away embarrassed, "Come on, I will show you how to skate properly first" he said as he began to hold Oikawa's arm and tug him along and made sure he didn't fall.

"Careful! -" Suga yelled but Oikawa ended up falling on his bottom anyway. Suga tried to hide his small laugh and helped Oikawa up. "Be more careful Kawa, you can hold onto my hand or arm if you need to, you need to feel the smooth rhythm of your skates along the ice, let it flow" he said as he demonstrated. Oikawa nodded and held onto Suga's arm and slowly started to skate. Oikawa smiled and laughed once he realized he was skating.

"I'm doing it Suga!" he said as he began to let go and managed to continue to skate along the ice. He saw his mother watching him and he smiled at her and skated around the entire rink with Sugawara.

After many hours, Oikawa's mom finally called out to him. "Tooru! It's time to head out! Your father is making dinner!" She said as she held his shoes in her hand and her purse as well. Oikawa pouted, "Do I have to mom?" He whined as he skated to her, Sugawara following behind. "I'm sorry honey, I'm sure your friend has to go to" she said as she ruffled his hair.

"Kou! It's time to go home, you need your proper rest for tomorrow!" They all heard a lady yell across the rink. They all looked and saw a tall woman with short silver hair dressed up fancy, smiling and looking at Sugawara. "Mom!" He yelled out as he saw her. "I must go Oikawa; I hope to see you again! Have a wonderful day ma'am!" He said as he bowed to Oikawa's mom and skated off his mom's side. Oikawa frowned and stepped out of the rink. "You'll see your friend again soon honey" she said as she planted a kiss on his forehead and handed him his shoes. Oikawa only nodded and put on his shoes and put his skates in his locker.

As the days continued and for the next week, Suga and Oikawa always skated together after Sugawara's training.

Oikawa one day walked into the rink and put on his skates and skated around waiting for Sugawara's arrival. Hours passed and Oikawa got tired, he stepped out and sat down on a bench. He waited patiently until his mom called for him again, "Where is your friend Tooru?" she questioned as she sat beside him as he changed his shoes, "I'm not sure mom, he never showed up" He mumbled as he continued to look around hoping to find him. "Maybe he got busy sweetheart, didn't you tell me he has professional training every week?" she said in hopes to get his mood up. He only sighed and got up and walked away to the exit.

He continued to come to the rink and wait for hours, but no one ever showed up.

-----

"Tooru, it's been 3 months." His mom said as she sat down beside him on the bench. "He'll come back! I know he will! He would never leave just like that!" Oikawa yelled as he fought back tears. His first real friend had left out of the blue and he truly didn't want to believe he was gone. His mom only signed as she tucked her brown hair behind her ear, she got up and walked with Oikawa to their car.

Oikawa slowly stopped showing up as common and only came twice a week, to skate around and hopefully find Sugawara.

After he went back to school, he met another young boy, he had dark spiky hair and was very outspoken but also quiet.

'Hey! Do you want to be friends with me? Yes or no." the boy said as he appeared in front of Oikawa, "Oh uh, okay" he said softly as avoided the boy's gaze. "I am Iwaizumi Hajime." He said as he stuck out his hand, "Oikawa Tooru" Oikawa said as he smiled and stuck his hand out. Oikawa and Iwaizumi remained friends and their bond strengthened.

WORDS: 1256