part 16

Chapter 16: A Day Out and a Sinister Plot

Jade's Point of View:

I waddled out of the apartment, my seven-month pregnant belly leading the way. Alex, my friend and confidant, smiled and took my arm, helping me down the stairs.

"Today's the day, Jade! We're going shopping for baby clothes!" she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

I couldn't help but grin. I had been putting off this task for weeks, but with Sean out of town for a business meeting, I finally had the perfect opportunity.

As we strolled through the bustling streets of New York, I felt a sense of freedom I hadn't experienced in months. No Zeke, no fear, just me and my friend enjoying a day out.

We spent hours browsing through adorable little outfits, cooing over tiny shoes and soft toys. I was in baby heaven!

But as the afternoon wore on, I began to feel a creeping sense of unease. I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching us, following us.

I glanced over my shoulder, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Just people going about their day.

Alex noticed my concern and squeezed my hand. "Hey, what's wrong? You look a little spooked."

I hesitated, not wanting to ruin our lovely day. "It's just...I don't know, maybe it's just pregnancy paranoia. But I feel like someone's watching us."

Alex's expression turned serious. "Let's get out of here, okay? We can grab some coffee and head back to your place."

I nodded, feeling a wave of relief wash over me. With Alex by my side, I knew I was safe.

Zeke's Point of View:

I watched from across the street, my eyes fixed on Jade and her friend. They thought they were so safe, so free. But I knew better.

I had been waiting for the perfect moment to strike, to take Jade and make her mine. And today was the day.

As they left the baby store, I followed them, my heart racing with excitement. This was it. This was my chance.

But as I tailed them, I noticed something that made my blood run cold. Jade's friend, Alex, was with her. And she looked like she was sticking around.

I growled under my breath, my plans foiled once again. But I wouldn't give up. I would find a way to get to Jade, no matter what it took.

As I watched them disappear into a coffee shop, I smiled to myself. This wasn't over. Not by a long shot.

Sean's Point of View:

I sat in the conference room, my mind wandering back to Jade and our babies. I couldn't wait to see them again, to hold them in my arms.

But as the meeting dragged on, I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. Something was off, something was wrong.

I excused myself and stepped outside, dialing Jade's number. It went straight to voicemail.

My heart began to race as I tried Alex's number. She answered on the first ring.

"Hey, Sean! We're just grabbing coffee. Jade's doing great, just a little tired."

I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was short-lived. "Sean, I need to tell you something. Jade's been feeling a little...spooked. She thinks someone's watching her."

My grip on the phone tightened. Zeke. It had to be Zeke.

"I'll be right there," I said, already heading for the door. "Keep her safe, Alex. Keep her safe until I get there."

And with that, I hung up the phone, my heart racing with fear and determination. I would protect Jade and our babies, no matter what it took.

Next chapter loading...