part 22

Chapter 22: A New Beginning

Jade and Sean finally received the discharge papers, and they couldn't wait to take their babies home. As they settled into their routine, Jade marveled at the joy of breastfeeding her twins, who gazed up at her with adoring eyes and clutched her tightly. Sean would often bring her breakfast in bed, and they'd talk about their future plans, including making New York their permanent home.

One morning, as they were enjoying a peaceful moment, the doorbell rang. Sean got up to answer it, expecting it to be a neighbor or a delivery. But to their surprise, it was Max, the mysterious man who had helped them rescue Jade from Zeke's clutches.

Max smiled warmly as he entered the apartment, his eyes shining with a deep affection for the little family. "I just wanted to check in on you all and see how you're doing," he said, his voice low and soothing.

Jade's heart swelled with gratitude as she invited Max to sit down. Over a cup of coffee, they shared stories and laughter, and Max revealed more about his past, his connection to Zeke, and his desire to make amends.

As the visit came to a close, Max handed Jade a small package. "For the babies," he said with a smile. Inside, they found two tiny silver bracelets with their names engraved, a symbol of protection and love.

As they watched Max leave, Sean turned to Jade with a curious expression. "Do you think we'll ever know the full story about Max and Zeke?" he asked.

Jade nodded thoughtfully. "Maybe someday, but for now, let's just be grateful for his help and his kindness."

And as they settled back into their routine, they knew that their little family was surrounded by love, support, and a newfound sense of security.