CHAPTER 30: ENCOUNTER

Tae had just finished his meeting with the Vice President and his wife! He couldn't believe they were interested in his style of art. What they requested was complex and Tae wished he didn't have to take his daughter to school, that way they can retreat to an island together. Now he had to figure out how to work on the pieces in his current environment. He had also enrolled his nanny to college. She was young and ambitious and he liked that about her.

Now, Kim Bora had been brought to his gallery. She kept walking around making sweet comments. "Come on baby, we need to go get new outfits for you for school. Don't you want some more princess dresses?" Tae tried to bring her attention back to him. "Just a minute appa. I think this is my favourite! Did you paint this one too?" His daughter asked. Tae looked up and froze. It was Yoongi's painting. He never had the heart to remove it even when some of his own were removed and replaced. "No baby, appa's friend drew that. Do you like it?" Bora nodded so aggressively that he couldn't help but coo at her.

He picked her up in a bid to hurry things up. "Come on Yeon, before this one starts walking around again." Tae called for his nanny to follow him. They picked their bags and left.

***********************************
"Is this really a date when he is the only one shopping and we are carrying the bags?" Yoongi asked. "Don't be rude Yoonie, you can shop too you know. But you guys are so boring. Shopping was so much more fun with Taetae." Jimin whined.

"Jimin." It was Jungook. It was clearly a warning. Jungkook had been so strict and forbade them from reaching out to Tae. He also wanted them to stop talking about him. While his boyfriends tried to be understanding, Jimin felt like he forgot that they loved Tae too. They had a right to remember their ex. Instead of replying, he rolled his eyes and walked to the next row.

"No appa. I have enough pinks!" Bora screamed. "Okay princess which colour do you want? And please, use your inside voice." Tae warned.

At first, Jimin thought he had gone too far with the remembering his ex thing. Was that voice really who he thought it is? He looked at his boyfriends and found them all wide eyed and staring at the children's section. No no no....could it be? He turned around only to understand the expressions on his boyfriends faces. Tae was squatting to talk to a little girl.

"Okay, so I am not the only one seeing him right?" Hobi spoke up. "We all do sweetheart. Shit, what do we do?" Jin asked. "Nothing, he's with his family, can't you see that? Let them be. Jiminie, have you found anything or should we move on to the next store?" Jungkook said, coldly.

Jimin however, had a mind of his own. "Tae?!" He called out. Jungkook grit his teeth not wanting to shout at his boyfriend. He wasn't ready to face Tae. Fuck! What should he do?

Tae knew that voice. That soft yet strong voice. He slowly turned his head to look at the direction he was called from. He was expecting Jimin, not all 6 of his exes standing there looking at him. Jimin walked up to him. "Long time no see Tae." Jimin said. He was assessing the situation.

"Hi Jimin, it's nice to see you again." He had masked his emotions and responded. "Are you Appa's friend?" The ever inquisitive Bora asked.

Jungkook looked at her. Really looked at her. She was cute. Did Tae get married and have a kid immediately after they broke up? She didn't look any younger than four years old?! He had questions, lots of them. But he wasn't sure he was allowed to ask. Thank God for Jimin though.

"Wow, is this your daughter? She is so cute Taetae!" Jimin said crouching down to Bora's level. "Hi Cutie, yes I'm Appa's friend. What's your name?" Bora looked at Tae as if to ask whether to answer. He had taught her about stranger danger and man was his baby girl smart. He nodded at her. "Hi, my name is Kim Bora." She bowed while introducing herself. Jin and Hobi couldn't hold it anymore and crouched down as well. 

"Bora, you're so cute! My name is Jin." He introduced himself. "And I'm Hobi." Bora tilted her head to the right while looking at Hobi. "What kind of name is Hobi?" Everyone chuckled. Other than Jungkook who was just looking at her. Tae had been observing him. He hadn't stopped staring at his daughter. He knew what Jungkook was thinking, but he didn't think he owed any explanations.

"It was nice to see you all again. We have to go. Enjoy your shopping. Bora, come on, let's finish shopping then we can get Ice cream, okay?" Tae asked trying to get his daughter away from them before she got attached. "Can Hobi come?" Guess it was too late. He knew the effect of that smile the sunshine carried around. Hobi cooed at her some more. "No baby, now come on. Don't be stubborn." Bora pouted and immediately ran to Yeon who picked her up and tacked her below her neck.

Tae turned to the others and bowed ready to leave. "Tae?" Namjoon finally spoke. "Do you think we can catch up sometime?" He could feel the glare from Kook, but he couldn't help it. Seeing his bear reminded him just how deep his feelings for him were.

"Sorry Namjoon. Between my daughter and the gallery I don't have time." He responded. He didn't want to get himself in the same situation again. "Don't you mean between your wife and daughter, you don't have time to see your ex?" It was Jungkook who spoke up. Tae glared at him for saying that infront of his daughter. "Watch your language infront of my daughter Jeon." Saying this, he walked away.

************************************
They finally saw each other gain. What do you think will happen? Also, my exams are over!!!! Yay!

Bye💜