14

It wasn't long till the boy walked into the room

It wasn't long till the boy walked into the room. He immediately goes to the girl, lying with her, bringing her to lie on his chest as he rubs her back. "I love you," She whispers, "And I'm sorry if I seem selfish for telling you now, but I needed to say it, I know we haven't been together for a long time but I've loved you since we were kids," She continues. "I love you too, I have since I caught you trying to sneak a cat you found on the beach," He confesses. "I just wished we had more time together because I know we're young but I knew we were going to get engaged, married, have kids, grandkids, get old together, die together." He spoke, imagining what their lives could've been. "You would open your bakery because I know you've always loved to bake, and I would end up working for my dad's company, helping him out. Then after a while when we are in our mid-twenties, I would propose to you, then we would get married on the beach here in Cousins, and after about two or three years of marriage, we would have our kids. Three of them, two daughters and a son. And then we would live happily ever after," He describes, she closes her eyes. Trying to imagine it, them being happy, their wedding, kids. Everything.

"I love it." She says. She takes a moment before sitting up, she stares at him, with a love in her eyes she never had before. She had felt love, but never like this. "Marry me?" She asked. The boy looked at her. "What?" He asked, his eyebrows knitting together. "It doesn't have to be real, but at least let's live some of our future, so for however long I have left, be my husband, be there for me when I die, I know we're young but just please, let me live this dream, my dream." She says, crying a bit.

He takes a second to process what she said before nodding his head, "Of course, I'll marry you, and I'll be the best husband I can be until your last breath, I promise," He says to the girl in his arms. She smiles at him before leaning into a kiss. "I love you, Jeremiah Beck Fisher," She says. "And I love you too Dream Dove Conklin-Fisher," He states, looking at her with so much love.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," Dream then says, "I just wanted to have the best last summer ever," She finishes. "It's okay," He says, rubbing her cheek, " I just wished I knew, so then I could help you have this best last summer thing," He says. She nodded, "You did help, even without knowing you gave me the best summer I could ever ask for," She stated. The two lay with each other for a little bit longer. "I'm so tired," She then says. "Take a nap, I'll be here when you wake up," Jeremiah says, rubbing her back. It doesn't take long for the girl to sleep.

It was a couple of hours later, everyone had come into the room, all gathered around the girl

It was a couple of hours later, everyone had come into the room, all gathered around the girl. Jeremiah had moved to a chair and had moved to sit near the girl, holding her hand. Belly had been lying with her, her head lying on the girl's chest. Hugging her, scared to let go. She wasn't ready. Nobody was and they never will be. Moving a little, Dream opens her eyes. Smiling at the sight of her family with her. She needed this. One last moment with everyone. She looked at them, taking in their features.

Looking up, Jeremiah notices she's awake, "Hey, are you okay? Are you comfortable?" He asks, wanting her to be as comfortable as she can and getting the other's attention. She nods, muttering a small thank you. "I-," She starts, before taking a deep breath, her voice sounding more rasped, "I love you guys, Steven, Conrad, you guys were the best brothers ever, Belly, I love you, and even though I'll be gone Ill still be here, and I will always be 12 minutes older than you," She rasps out, laughing lightly, the others laughing as well through their tears. "Jeremiah, I love you and you were the best husband I could ask for in these last couple of hours," She continues, rubbing his cheek with her hand before he grabs it, nobody questioned her words, just taking in the moment.

"Susannah, you were the best bonus mom I could ask for, I love you and I am so happy to be your bonus daughter, Dad you are the best dad I could ever get, and I'm happy to have you as my father for my 17 years of life," She continues, now tears leaving her and everyone's eyes. Before she now looks at her mom. "Mom, you always told me I was your dream, and I was always happy to be, and I'm sorry that you now have to find a new one. But now you were my dream too. Having you as my mom and my best friend was the best dream I could ever ask for," She states. She takes one last look at everyone, "It's my time to go now, but I have one more request. For my funeral don't wear black, it's too sad, even for a funeral. Wear blue. I want it to look like the ocean, please. And don't cry. I want you guys to be happy and to think about the happy moments and joke around. I know it's a lot to ask but please," She finishes. Everyone nods at the girl, agreeing with her.

"It's okay, everything will be okay, I love you guys, and I'll wait for you. One day we will see each other again, and we'll dance. I promise," She states. Her breaths get more shallow, and she closes her eyes. It felt like forever for them. Susannah and Laurel were hugging, crying into each other's arms. John had been next to his son, comforting him the best he could, Conrad was behind Jeremiah with a hand on his shoulder, letting the boy know he wasn't alone. Belly was lying with her sister, hugging her, not wanting to let her go. And Jeremiah was sitting there, holding her hand, kissing it. Whispering to her, letting her know it's okay to go. That he will wait for her and see her again.

Then it happened. They heard that noise they never wanted to hear. The beeping had stopped. Now it was just a long ringing noise. Letting them know that she was gone. Forever. They all looked at the girl. She looked so peaceful. Like she was a sleeping beauty. Belly had looked heartbroken. After a minute she whispered but nobody could hear her until she said it again. "I heard heart stop, she's gone," She said, heartbroken. Now sobbing. Conrad had moved to her, standing her up, letting the girl cling to him as she cried. Jeremiah was frozen, he had finally got the girl, but he couldn't keep her.

She was gone. Only lived 17 years, and suddenly it was all gone.