chapter 14 | leave this place behind

—

WITH THE WIND RUSHING past and the thrill of strength coursing through her veins, Juliet soared through the air, her identity concealed beneath the green Scouts cape she wore on her head. As she glided effortlessly through the sky, her movements were as graceful as they were mysterious, leaving onlookers below in astonishment at her abilities.

Flying over the Armored's body, Juliet glanced back at her friend, the top of his head missing and gushing blood, she felt a pang of remorse tug at her heartstrings, knowing that she couldn't stay and help.

Reiner. What'd they do to you?

As frustration boiled within her, Juliet's anger ignited a newfound determination that fueled her. With a grit of her teeth, she felt a surge of energy coursing through her veins, reattaching her rigs to a building ahead and propelling her forward with unwavering intensity.

As he watched her from on top of a roof, Armin couldn't help but notice the familiar fluency in the Scout's movements—the way they gripped their blades, the way their black hair poked out of their hood just enough for him to see, and the way they position themselves in the air. The moment his head makes the connection he turns to Eren's direction, "Eren! Look out!"

As she darted through the air, Juliet moved with an agility and speed that left the Scouts in her wake. With each nimble glide, she seemed to navigate through the buildings surrounding them effortlessly, her movements fluid and decisive.

With a focused gaze and a clenched jaw, Eren's Titan squared his shoulders and assumed a formidable fighting stance. He was now eye to eye with Juliet, the hood not hiding her identity from him anymore. As he shifted his weight from foot to foot, Eren exuded an aura of confidence and determination, his stance a silent declaration of his readiness to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Once she was in arms reach, with a swift motion, he lashed out with his hand, aiming to swat her, but to his mortification, she darted out of reach at the last moment.

What the hell? Where'd she go?

Eren swiveled his head this way and that, trying to pinpoint the source of the noise of ODM gear soaring around him, but Juliet remained frustratingly out of sight. She was moving too fast.

Abruptly, Juliet reaches the back of the Attack Titan's knees, lifting her blades and forcing them to slice deep within the Titan's body. Eren screams in pain and attempts to swat Juliet away but she moves away before he can catch her.

As the tension escalated and fists clenched, Mikasa felt a surge of determination welling up within her, fueling her desire to join the battle. With gritted teeth and fire in her eyes, she stepped forward, ready to throw herself into the midst of the conflict. However, before she could act on her impulse, Armin grabbed her arm, his eyes locking in a silent plea for restraint, "Mikasa, wait!"