chapter 17 | blue

tw: mentions abuse━━━━━━

tw: mentions abuse
━━━━━━

IN THE QUIET SOLITUDE of the Warrior's dorm room, Juliet sits alone, her gaze fixed upon the empty bed that once belonged to Annie. The room feels strangely hollow without the familiar presence that was once filled with their growing bond. As she sits on her bed, on her side, in silence, memories of their time together flood her mind, each one serving as a pitiful reminder of the void left behind by her closest friend's absence.

Juliet's absence from home lingers longer than expected, her return delayed by the Marleyan military's insistence on running additional tests to ensure stability in her Titan ability before sending her home.

She found herself caught in a whirlwind of medical evaluations and Titan-testing procedures, her longing for home overshadowed by the weight of obligation to fulfill her duties.

During these procedures, they found that the Fighting Titan had developed. The white hardened material that covered specific parts of its body, like her forearms, fists, and shins, now covered a majority of its body leaving only slim gaps of muscle showing, with the parts highlighted before being more enforced and rough with sharp spikes following the ends.

Its fists now pierce more with the tips of hardened material dotted on the knuckles.

Those same sharp points protectively appeared on its shoulders. Similarly, to the rest of its body, its face was now shielded in white, leaving only its sunken eyes and exposed teeth untouched.

It was like the Fighting had perished entirely with Juliet and had been reborn alongside her.

However, its figure was still completely identical, holding its same black hair and dark eyes alongside its feminine shape.

Lost in the maze of her own musings, Juliet scarcely notices the passage of time, her attention consumed by the whirlwind of emotions that swirl within her. Yet, just as the tendrils of reflection threaten to entrap her completely, a sharp knock on her door jolts her back to reality.

Startled from her trance, she blinks away the haze of her thoughts and rises from her seat, curiosity piqued by the unexpected interruption.

As she opens the door, her heart sinks at the sight of her dad standing on the threshold, "Another test?" She was so sick and tired of these absurd tests, she just wanted a second to breathe.

"Not today," her father, Leon, says, "I wanna take you somewhere." Juliet's eyes immediately land on her father's formal attire, a stark departure from his usual lab coat. The crisp lines of his suit and the polished sheen of his shoes catch her attention, hinting at the importance of the occasion. A sense of curiosity tugs at her, prompting her to inquire about the reason behind his dressed-up appearance.

"Where are we going? Should I change?" she asks, brushing her clothes.

"No," he says firmly, "It'll be quick. I just need to show you something."