Chapter 08.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R ST H E   I N V I T A T I O N

T H E   I N V I T A T I O N

Shivaay looked up when Aradhya took a seat in front of his. The look on her face said that she meant business.

"I have spoken with Dr. Kulkarni—" and there was it again. He didn't want to meet another person who would push him to the edge just so he could open up. Sessions like those did him more harm than good.

He shook his head before she could finish her own sentence.

She grit her teeth. "Mr. Oberoi." She spoke her voice going cold.

"Do not interrupt me when I am speaking. This is for your own good." She paused to take a deep breath. "Three times! Three times we have been repeating the same cycle over and over again and I am fed up with it. Your sister is too!" She put extra emphasis on the first sentence. That had him still on his seat.

"We go from good recovery, enough for you to begin your speech therapy to day zero because of your nightmares. We are just repeating the cycle from the previous one. I am not blaming you. But not talking about it is only going to increase your problem." Her voice started rising and she saw him holding the arms of the chair to control himself from lashing out his anger. She huffed. She has been patient all this while but no.

"Do you know, this prolonged trauma to the sensitive organ can be carcinogenic?" She grit out. "Please, do not make this hard for yourself than it already is." She was pissed off. She knows she can't speak to her patient. But she was frustrated. If his condition deterred under her supervision it would be shameful for her.

"I gave up my practising because of you!" Well, that was kind of wrong. But she didn't care. She was frustrated. Her life, her routine. All that changed five years ago when she was assigned the case.

Shivaay turned to glare at her at that. She didn't stay because of him but the money she was being paid! And his glare was speaking volumes. He grabbed his pen, the object shook in hold and she watched as he scribbled the words down furiously.

"Do not fucking lie in front of me! You were given three chances to go back to your life. And you still chose to stay."

She read them. Yes, she did, she stayed back. She had taken up the contract because she needed urgent money at that time. But money never had been the reason she had stayed back.

"Really, Mr. Oberoi? The first time I was given the chance we had to take you in the medical emergency. And I do not turn away from my patients." He scoffed.

"The second time, the doctor you had been hiring had three cases filed on him and his licence was under hold! You didn't even do the background check." She pressed on.