Chapter 41.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

W O E S
T H E    Y E A R S    S P E N T
I N   Q U E S T I O N S

He placed the tub of ice cream on the table. Priyanka pointedly ignored his presence in the room as she watched the movie, her eyes fixated on the screen.

"This is like, the fifth time we have been watching this." He observed as he turned to look at the screen.

"Not us, I am watching this." She spoke without turning to look at him, satisfied when she saw him wince at the cold tone that she had used.

"Prinku..." He called.

"Don't, just don't." She turned to look at him sharply, he looked taken aback. "You listen here, bhaiya, I had thought these years have knocked some sense into but no!"

He flinched.

"You have to go back! And risk your life again! For the ones who didn't look at you twice!" She snapped.

"You don't bother to inform us, where you are? Where are you going? And when I asked you have the same answer ready." She frowned. "And I quote, I don't want to talk about it. I want to be left alone."

He opened his mouth, only to snap it shut, Priyanka was pissed. She is not going to let this off easily.

"Do what you want I don't care anymore. It's as if all these years apart still didn't teach you the lesson." She said turning back to the screen.

His face grew ashen at that.

"I couldn't let them stay there... Prinku..."

She turned to look at him fiercely, "You couldn't——okay. There was a family standing there, of all adults, fully conscious and sane adults, why did you have to take the charge?"

And without waiting for an answer she continued, "And you think this is what it is about? I am happy that Omkara and Rudra are fine, I know they are brothers and I am not cruel to make them face such, but why did it have to be you out of all that went back into the fire to save them?" She asked in disbelief,

"Ever since we have come to Mumbai you have become the same Shivaay bhaiya again, you are shutting people out again."

He froze.

"And if that's what you want, then sure, be my guest." She spoke as she turned back to the movie, and rewound the scene she missed. She looked at him with the corner of her eyes, his face was downcast.

She felt bad but she wouldn't let it go without talking to him first. He should know the aftermath of the actions, pushing away people won't help him, she thought he knew that now. But she was wrong.

"I'm sorry, Prinku..." She paused the movie turning to look at him.

"I didn't—"

"——realise?" She asked. "You never do. There are people here. Who actually care for you bhaiya. And I am saying this again, we have managed our worst years without them. We can manage are good ones too." She spoke softly.