Chapter 48.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

B A C K  I N   T H E  G A M E
B Y   T H E   S H O R E S

"Om, look at the mail." Rudra whispered as he looked at the address. VOID?

Om grabbed the laptop, and scrolled down the contents of the mail. "It's a formal notice. A summon." He murmured.

<>

"Here are the medicine, Dr. Bhalla said to give him that in case he complains about headache after waking up." Priyanka informed as she placed the medicine on the side table.

Her eyes narrowed. Annika nodded slightly, Priyanka was still wary around her. She watched as she left the room without sparing her a glance.

Annika sat by the side, he was still asleep. The sessions have started to take a toll on him, especially the one they witnessed today. It was cut short, as it nearly drove him to edge.

"What's happening, Shivaay?" She murmured, as she brought her fingers close to his. "Everything's a mess. It's like a maze the more you venture, the deeper you lose your way in." She whispered as she drew circles around the back of his palm.

"I feared if the truth came out, your relationship will be ruined." Tia spoke.

What?

His eyebrows creased together in sleep. Annika frowned. "Is he having another nightmare?" She murmured to herself as she tried to wake him up.

"There is something that I haven't been telling you." Annika looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Promise me, you have to promise me something." Shivaay spoke as he held her close. His eyes staring right into hers.

"Anything." She whispered.

"Promise me that no matter what anyone tells you, shows you, you won't believe anything until I confirm it. Promise me that you won't conclude anything without clearing things between us."

Her eyes turned fearful, "You are scaring me Shivaay."

"Promise me, you trust me right?" He asked.

"Pinky promise." She whispered as she interlocked her finger with his.

He sat up with a startled gasp.

"Shivaay?" He felt a hand on his shoulder and he almost flinched back, until he saw who it was.

"A-an-annika?" He rasped out between the pants, he closed his eyes to steady his breathing before he turned to look at her. She was looking at him worriedly.