Chapter 24.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

C A L M   B E F O R E   T H E   S T O R M

Annika looked at her phone, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She looked at the date and her eyes widened, she was to be at VOID's to check the decoration. One glance at her watch and she knew, she was in deep trouble. She missed it by an hour.

<>

Shivaay looked around the hall with a frown, it was empty except for the decorations that hung from the walls or around the hall. He glanced at his watch, she was supposed to be here two hours ago. To say the truth, he wasn't entirely keen, as much as he wanted his progress he also didn't want to deal with any of the public at the moment. But he has too. The invites have been out and that too on his name. And at this point, he couldn't back out.

"Sir?" He turned to look at Khanna, he was glancing at his phone. Rushed footsteps caught his attention and he turned to the face the person who arrived in such a hurry. His eyes widened slightly.

Annika passed him a smile.

"Mr. Oberoi, I apologise for the delay, got held up at some work." Her lips stretched into a smile, and Shivaay's eyes narrowed in suspicion. She is up to something. He could see that.

"And I know, since you are so considerate, I know you will not hold it against me."

Shivaay blinked at the statement. Okay, something is definitely up. He glanced at her. She was smiling brightly, as if nothing happened between them a few days before. How the sudden change? Whatever the reason be, he was grateful for it, he was not ready for any kind of confrontation at the moment.

Annika looked at his reaction, it was calculative like she had been expecting but——there was something more to his eyes. She just couldn't figure out what it was.

<>

Bhavya looked at her phone in shock and disbelief.

"ACP Bhavya Pratap Rathore, I know you have come to Goa to investigate Mr. Oberoi's case without any consent of your seniors. You used your powers for your personal use, didn't you?"

"Who is this?" Bhavya asked as she shuffled around for her laptop.

"Don't try to put up the trace, ACP Rathore, you have to be smarter than that. The question is why did you drop it in the middle?"

Bhavya clenched her hands. Who was this person and how did they know?

"I am asking you again who you are and how you fin—" but before she could complete her own sentence she was interrupted by him.