Chapter 45.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

L I V I N G   A   N I G H T M A R E
T H E   T R U T H   U N R A V E L S   I T S E L F

h e e d   t h e   w a r n i n g.

He was home.

Away from all the troubles. And in that reality which contained nothing but him.

The water filled his pharynx, the epithelium lining stung, as the liquid forced it's way inside blocking the airway and he choked. His movements halted.

The waters turned stilled. Until he felt himself being pulled up to the surface. And he was laid on the ground.

"Bring the kit." He heard someone speak.

He coughed, the water spilling out from his lips as he winced at the pain that he felt over his chest.

He was saved?!

No.

He looked around to see the worried faces. Who were they? He blinked slowly, his eyes refocusing...he looked around once again as the recognition washed over and he let his eyes drop close once again.

<>

He spat out the water, as Aradhya pressed on his chest with the heel of her hand. Keeping the compression rhythmic. He coughed and choked. Wincing. He blearily gazed at the audience that his unconscious self managed to gather.

He could feel her hands cradling his head. Pressing his elbows on the ground, he pushed himself up.

He coughed out the remaining water. And sighed as Priyanka pushed him up slightly, he sighed in relief as his airways opened again, he could breathe on his own.

"Hold still." She spoke and he felt something poke his arm. He turned to glare at Aradhya, he frowned when he felt his eyes getting heavier soon enough. "I-I d-do-o-n't wa-an-tt-t t-to sh-leep..." He breathed as his speech turned slurred and he let out a sigh, his gaze lowering.

"I-I——" he tried again, the exhaustion crept in slowly, from the back of his mind, his arms getting heavier as his vision blurred into a haze, before taking over him completely as he let himself be carried away by the induced slumber.

She turned to Khanna who nodded.

<>

"I thought I had already said that the pool should remain empty." Priyanka snapped at the bowed head of the caretaker of the house.