Chapter 39.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

B R O K E N   S Y M P H O N I E S

"Shivaay!"

He groaned slightly, his hand was trembling visibly, her hands closed around it and she watched as his fingers curled around hers in a weak grip.

"....a moment....." He rasped as he leaned on the backrest as he felt another dizzy spells taking over. He tried to even out his breathing and forced his eyes to open.

"....am okay...." He muttered, still leaning back.

"You are not." She said as she reached for the glass of water. ".....a....moment..." He repeated.

A few moments passed, and his vision refocused and he leaned away slightly. She passed him the glass of water of which he took a sip and placed it back.

"What happened?" She asked worriedly. He shook his head, "must have happened because of the medicines." He muttered to himself.

"You skipped them?" She said, guessing the reason.

He nodded looking away, "I knew it" she spoke with narrowed eyes, he blinked, "It's not that big of a deal." He said and groaned again as he tried to get up, "there should be another set in my car."

"You sit here, I will bring them." She picked up the keys and went outside to fetch the medicine, "The black one." He called after her back.

A few moments later, she came back with the black pouch in her hands. She frowned as his hands reached out for a small biscuit packet, he looked up and gave out a small smile at her confused reaction. "Can't have them with an empty stomach. The doses are too strong."

Her eyebrows furrowed, "you didn't have dinner as well." He chose not to answer that.

She stopped him. "Wait, I can make you something quick." She spoke. He looked surprised at the offer but shook his head negatively.

"I can't let you do that——I already came here unannounced." He spoke guiltily.

"Stay here, I will bring something." His eyes widened and before he could protest she disappeared behind the kitchen doors.

He looked at the biscuits in his hands dubiously before he placed them back inside the bag.

She came back later with a few sandwiches on the plate, she looked at it apprehensively before she forwarded it to him. "This was the only thing, could make this hour." She spoke.

"You didn't have to. Thank you..." He spoke softly.

"Careful, they are still warm." He nodded at her words. She watched as he picked up the grilled sandwich, he looked at it flipping around as he tried to look between the bread layers, and her eyes narrowed.