Chapter 20.5

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R ST I M E   H E A L S   N O T   T H E   S C A R S,B U T   T H E   W O U N D S

T I M E   H E A L S   N O T   T H E   S C A R S,
B U T   T H E   W O U N D S

B A C K S T A B B E D
PART 02.

the older ones healed
while the newer one remains

Shivaay raised himself off the chair with a groan. The world spun in front of his eyes before he regained his focus. It was hazy for a split of seconds before the scenario turned the contrast right back up. He sighed, he must have known without proper rests he was very prone to these dizzy spells.

Khanna and Neeraj were standing outside the office discussing something, which I don't know about. I frowned when I looked at Arjun's text.

Arjun S, 9:46 am
Shivaay, I have gone home
for a few hours, Jagriti isn't
feeling well. Once she is okay
i will rejoin soon.

Shivaay frowned, he quickly typed out the reply that he didn't need to come now when everything is getting settled. He got another text from him soon, to make him rest. He rolled his eyes. He was absolutely fine.

He was in a strong need for coffee and he hadn't drank it in a long while. A cup wouldn't hurt right? He messaged Khanna to bring him a cup of coffee.

Khanna arrived soon with a mug in his hand. Shivaay frowned when he felt that it was cold, but to his surprise it wasn't filled with coffee but juice. He looked up at him with a glare.

"Sorry sir, Aradhya ma'am had strictly asked you to stay away from caffeine." Khanna said apologetically. Shivaay sighed.  His thoughts were interrupted by the knock on the door. He raised his head to see Mr. Raichand standing at the door. Shivaay arched an eyebrow when Raichand placed the laptop in front of him.

"The culprit got away with their motive." And Shivaay froze. What did he mean?

"Sir, they didn't need to access the fifth firewall at all." Mr. Raichand spoke and that made me look at the server analytics.

"They only needed to cross the third one so they could get the access to the official records. And I am afraid to say that the data has been tampered with." Shivaay's hands clenched. Mr. Raichand worriedly looked at him. He was a man in his early fifties with great experience in the business industry. He was an able aid for him when it came to advice.

"Do not panic sir. We have the original data stored. I am sorry, I did it without your permission but I had increased the backup pace quite early. Instead of weeks we did it after every third day, so even if our systems crash we don't have anything falling out on the major." And that made Shivaay sighed in relief.

He looked at the man gratefully, "Worry not sir, we have it under control. In three hours at the most we will have the original data back up and then we can compare to see what exactly has been done." Shivaay nodded he looked at the computer screen again, all he could see was the numerical figures which didn't make sense. At all.