Chapter 19.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

T R Y I N G   A G A I N   A N D   A G A I N

"You should start with certain syllables. Like we should pay attention to the phonology of the words. It would help him. Because we have to make sure we don't strain his larynx and his vocal cords."

Shivaay's mind tuned out halfway through Aradhya's speech. Why are they even trying when they know this is not going to work. She was scanning the reports that arrived this morning. They were healing, so it was safe for him to begin his speech therapy.

The problem was that they needed to consult someone who would keep his condition confidential, they couldn't afford the media getting a whiff of this.

But ever since he got into the limelight it seemed an impossible task for them to keep it all hidden from the public eyes. The whispers were rising as to why Shivaay Singh Oberoi never raises his voice to slam down the questions and curiosities of the people around.

"Can you try?" Aradhya asked, Priyanka hovered around his chair uncertainly. He blinked.

"Why don't you try to speak your own name?" Aradhya suggested.

"S-sh-sh—" he ended up shaking his head. He couldn't bear to hear his own shaky voice. He despised that sound. It sounded helpless. But Aradhya took it for discomfort.

Aradhya frowned, "well, according to the phonology certain syllables create heat while speaking maybe I have to study more before we begin this." She spoke as she passed him the glass of water.

"See, this is why I have been saying you should consult a professional therapist for that. I am a cardiothoracic surgeon. I am not trained for that." She spoke disappointment lacing her voice. Shivaay sighed running a hand through his head. He dismissed the topic.

"Any progress?" She asked. He looked at her strangely. "with your memories?" She asked apprehensively. He shook his head negative.

Priyanka sighed. "It's alright, bhaiya. Rest well." She spoke as she exited his room, Aradhya soon following her.

Shivaay sighed when he looked at his hands. And clenched them close.

<>

There's no pulse.

Defibrillate him.

He felt his chest convulsing with pain as his body arched up and he fell down limp on the bed.

The patient is not responding.

Intubate him.

Shivaay frowned, what was happening? Was it a dream? He tried to open his eyes but he couldn't. His body wasn't in his control.