Helios Vs. Torikuigumo

The shifting of rubble and debris joined the cacophony of noise that reverberated throughout the remains of the city of Toronto. Emerging from the pile of melted concrete and shattered bits of steel and iron, was an unsightly behemoth. Torikuigumo's monstrous body arose, its heading shaking, throwing chunks of stone and metal into a small cloud as it tried to clear its mind. It tilted its head down, and its many shining yellow eyes fell upon its chest, which shone a bright orange, heated to near melting by its opponent's blast. Torikuigumo looked up, and in the distance it saw its opponent, towering like a broad mountain, its singular burning eye floated right about its geometric summit. Helios, its crab like limbs already burrowed into the earth, anchoring its mighty form into place, gazed at its foe. It was amazed, truly blown away by the resilience of this bizarre creature that now stood before him, most creatures would have simply evaporated after a blast like that, but here it was, standing, its writhing tendril arms rearing back, a bellowing howl escaping its gaping maw. Helios continued to observe his unusual foe, as it threw its armored, segmented tentacles forward, their blade tips detaching and shooting forward like a barrage of building sized bullets towards him.

Tunk, Tunk, Tunk.

The unnatural noise reverberated throughout the ruins of the city, as the projectiles slammed into an invisible barrier, their once sharpened tips flattened, they fell to the earth below with a resounding thud.Toriku watched, wide eyed, as their attacks fell to the earth, without even touching his towering foe. He turned his gaze from his failure to his foe, who simply sat there, its unblinking, burning eye staring down at him. That gaze, that mocking gaze, it was mocking Toriku, he knew it was! A blooding hatred started to bubble in the living virus' blood, it wouldn't stand for such an insult. Letting out a howl of rage, the spider-like monstrosity lurched forward, its long armored legs bounding forward towards its stationary foe. Helios didn't move, it simply prepared.Toriku watched as the behemoth's singular eye began to change, from a nearly unnoticeable white, to a light pink, it glowed ominously as Toriku neared. Toriku growled angrily as the eye began to burn a vibrant crimson, and watched as the mountain's form began to shift ever so slightly. Toriku howled as it lept to the side, right as a powerful blast of archaic energy launched from Helios' eye, destroying a collection of were once government buildings. The living virus could feel the heat of the blast, it had just narrowly avoided it, its eyes shifted in their sockets for a mere moment, glancing back towards the destruction the mountain had wrought, before turning back-

Helios' small but powerful limbs propelled its titanic mass forward as soon as it saw where its foe had landed, its diversion had worked. All 10 '000 tons of it launched forward into the charging spider, connecting solidly with Toriku's chest. Toriku let out a pained whimper as it felt the hardened armor that covered its chest and stomach bend from the sheer force of the impact, and couldn't stop its body from tumbling backwards and over itself. The deafening noise of its titanic form crashing through the crumbled skyline for a few hundred yards filled the silent air as the mountain of a monster's eye began to glow once more.

Toriku rolled to its feet, just in time to see the shade of light pink emanating from the glowing orb, and it let out a low, wraithful hiss. As the mountain eye shifted from pink to crimson the spider-like beast's writing tendrils spread out, anchoring the odd monstrosity to the floor. An odd strategy, but it'd be his last, so Helios didn't pay it much mind. The sky illuminated once more as the powerful energy blast erupted from Helios, and towards the awaiting spider. But to the amazement of the ageless behemoth, the blast collided with something before colliding with its intended target, dissipating into nothingness in a matter of moments. Before Helios was truly able to comprehend the outcome of its attack, Toriku was on the move once more, its spindly legs scuttled across the shattered, scarred earth with thunderous booms as Helios regained its focus. The spikes upon its form began to rise from within its triangular form as Toriku rushed forward. Striking out like sharpened spears, the tentacles upon Toriku stretched forward, detaching from the beast's shoulder and flying through the air. They flew through at blinding speed, striking the mountain's barrier, creating another deafening ring. Helios gaze shifted momentarily, peering at the rigid appendages that had managed to pierce its exterior defenses and now stuck to its barrier like arrows in a castle wall. Its view shifted just in time to see the spider's form lurching through the air. Its limbs curled towards its torso, before striking outwards at the barrier all at once. The earth shattering clatter filled the ruins and shook the earth below as the impenetrable defense shattered. Helios took a step back, forced by the sheer power of the strike, before it's sharpened feet dug into the earth below it, stabilizing itself.