Clicks - Thri-Kreen Warlock

"Tresspasser!"

"Imprison her!"

"Keep her for the feast!"

"Filthy elf!"

"Lock up the trespasser!"

Two large Thri-Kreen guards clutched at the elf woman's upper arms and dragged her harshly to the dungeons. In each cell she passed, she saw poor souls like her that had been kept there with no hope of ever escaping. Each cell had a Thri-Kreen guard standing proudly outside of it, wielding dangerous weapons. Finally, the elf was thrown into a cell, her hands and knees scraped harshly against the sandy, rocky ground of the prison, before the two guards that brought her there slammed the barred door behind her and locked it while clicking menacingly between themselves.

The woman looked around at her surroundings, feeling tears of panic begin to gather at her eyes before turning back to the barred doorway, watching as a guard stood at the doorway like all the others. Except this one was different. As her midnight-black eyes landed upon him, she was struck into silence. Her heart began beating faster. The Pallid Elf knew she was one for seeing beauty in the most unexpected places, but this was truly something else.

"Oi, the pretty one's yours. Shame she ain't Thri-Kreen, I'd use her for a different feast, eh?"

The guard ignored his clan-mate's comment and walked over to the cell door, sneaking a glance at the elf woman as he assumed his position. A little part of him had to shamefully admit his clan-mate had a point. She was very beautiful, even though she was not Thri-Kreen.

"Excuse me?"

The guard said nothing in response to the Elf but would have been lying if he'd said her silky-smooth voice didn't tempt him just a little.

"Hello there, my name is Zephia."

The guard glared at her for daring to engage in such frivolous conversation with him. He clicked and chittered angrily, the antennae on his head twitched angrily. The elf huffed at his rudeness and crossed her arms – even though she was trying to look angry, the guard found it annoyingly adorable.

"Well, you're rude, aren't you? I'm just trying to be polite."

The guard squealed and clicked in response. This woman was so brazen and feisty despite her situation. It was completely audacious and...not attractive at all. Zephia got to her feet and marched over to the door, causing the guard to brandish his spear as a warning.

"I demand you let me out of here right now! Unless you wish for me to call upon my goddess herself to teach you a lesson in manners?"

The Thri-Kreen simply rolled his eyes. If this elf thought she was the first prisoner to threaten them, then she was more wrong than anyone could possibly hope to be. Zephia somehow could tell the bug man rolled his eyes and huffed once again.

"You really are so rude!"

The guard clicked back.

"And aggressive!"

He chittered in response.

"And tall!"

More angry Thri-Kreen noises.

"And strong!"

Slightly confused, and angry Thri-Kreen noises.

"And...not...at all attractive!"

The guard tilted his head slightly and stepped backwards. Zephia's eyes widened as she realised what she was saying and rubbed her face, mumbling something the guard couldn't quite hear. He swore he heard her say 'not again' but he tried not to think about it. Then she realised something, her hands falling from her face and her eyes looking back towards the Thri-Kreen.