13

The next morning, 7:00 a.m.

Yoongi came down from the stairs, his hair disheveled from sleep, and yawned as he made his way to the living room.

It marked the fifth day since he arrived at the house. Jin sat in the living room, engrossed in reading the diary the nurse had given Yoongi.

As he glanced up and saw the younger approaching, a tiny figure in the morning light, he couldn't help but internally coo at his sub, "Oh my god, so cute and tiny."

Yoongi caught his sparkling gaze and immediately felt a pang of annoyance. "What?" he barked, his morning grumpiness evident in his tone.

Jin chuckled, finding his irritation amusing. "Yoongi-yah, just when will you stop shouting at me?" he teased. "I've already brought down two of the rules I set for you."

Yoongi's irritation flared as he shot back, "Who the fuck do you think you are to set rules for me? I won't be under anyone's control."

Jin chuckled again, knowing this argument all too well. "Alright, let's not start this again," he said.

As they sat there, the elder flipped through the pages of the diary, his brow furrowing in concentration. "Yoongi, look at this," he said, pointing to a particular page. "These locations marked here - they match the ones that Michael mentioned."

Yoongi leaned closer, studying the markings intently. "And what about these names?" he asked, noticing a list of student names. "Why are they singled out?"

Jin nodded solemnly. "These seem like they are senior students, still attending the college," he explained. "And look here," he continued, pointing to a note below the names. "It says, 'Be careful of them.'"

Yoongi's eyes narrowed as he processed the information. "Does this mean the students we saw with weapons on the first day can be them?" he asked.

Jin nodded gravely. "It seems likely," he confirmed. "We'll need to be cautious around them."

Yoongi sighed in frustration. "Great, well done. Now, I have to watch my back around these damn kids," he muttered, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Jin laughed at his reaction. "Exactly, and that's why we need to approach this carefully," he said. "We can't afford any reckless actions like you did on the first day, alright?"

Yoongi snorted, his frustration evident. "Tell that to the professors who think they're above everyone else," he grumbled. "If I weren't undercover, I would have dealt with them myself. Killing them all on the spot."

Jin nodded at his frustration. "I know it's frustrating, but we need to stay focused on the bigger picture," he reminded him. "We'll find a way to handle this, but we need to be patient and strategic."

Yoongi nodded reluctantly. "Fine, I'll try to keep my temper in check," he said, though his voice deep. "But if they push me too far..." He left the threat unspoken, knowing Jin understood what he meant.

The detective leaned back in his seat, a small smile playing on his lips. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. There was this little guy," he began, his tone casual. "Came to your mansion yesterday, asking for you. Claimed to be your younger brother."

"What?" Yoongi asked, confused. He paused for a moment, trying to process his words, before realization dawned on him.

Without another word, he shot up from his seat, his movements hurried. His mind racing with thoughts of finding his phone in his room while he stumbled several times on the stairs, almost losing his balance.

Jin's eyebrows shot up in concern as he watched his clumsy descent. "Hey, take it easy," he called out, his voice laced with worry. "Don't run, and be careful!" But Yoongi was already halfway up the stairs, his singular focus on reaching his room.