12.

Travis
Austin hasn't returned home since the day he found out about me and Taylor, it's been almost a week and I feel like shit.

I'm good when I'm with Taylor but whenever she's not around I hate myself for being a bad friend. She's not there to remind me how worth it she is and I sometimes find myself spiraling in my thoughts and asking myself if I had made the right decision. But then I hold her in my arms again and I know I did.

I know Austin was here at least once since a few things that I know were in his room are now gone but he didn't take a lot of things so I also know he's not planning to stay at his girlfriend's for a long time, only until he cools down. Which I hope will be soon.

At least now Taylor can spend time at the apartment with me, she's stayed here a couple of nights the last week when we both had later classes and now I'm watching her at the dining table from the living room doing her school assignments. She's so focused she doesn't notice my attention shifting from my own school work to her.

An hour ago we talked again about Austin and she had texted him, asking him to come over this evening so we could explain and talk it out. He hasn't replied yet.
He has to forgive her eventually, she's his sister and he hasn't spoken to any of us since everything went down but he can't ignore her forever.

Just then her phone beeps and she looks at her screen then up at me, finding me already looking at her in awe.
"He'll be here in an hour" she says nervously.

She walks over and plop herself down to sit on my lap, wrapping her hands around my neck. My arms circle her waist as I pull her closer.

"What are we gonna tell him? Last time I really tried but it didn't seem to get to him"

She shrugs her shoulders "I don't know.. I think last time he was in shock and that's why he reacted the way he did"

"I think that if I'll manage to make him see how much I love you and that I'm trustworthy with your heart he'll be convinced. I could tell him how we started dating?"

She nods, approving my suggestion "you shouldn't tell him about the part where I got drunk but yeah. Just make sure you say we're sorry we had to go behind his back but we wanted to make sure it really worked".

"Yeah that's good, but maybe you shouldn't be sitting on my lap like that when he's here. I think we traumatized him enough already when he saw you only wearing a thong and my shirt" she laughs with that cute little laugh of hers that reminds me why I fell in love with her every time.

"Don't be nervous. He loves us both, he's gonna see we're happy together and he'll be happy for us" she strokes my short hair.

The way she's trying to comfort me is beyond amazing and I appreciate that a lot "I hope so" I kiss the top of her head "I'm gonna go get a shirt to put on" I say and she nods getting up from me and back to her laptop.

When I return to the main area, Taylor is back on doing her assignment "do you want something to eat?" I ask, I need to do something to distract myself until Austin gets here or I might die from the stress. I know it's a little irrational but I fear he hates me now and won't talk to me again.

She smiles at me "yeah thank you, just make whatever I don't really care" I give her a nod and start making her avocado toast, I had learned she loves it.

I finish smashing the avocado on two toasted slices of bread and then move to cut a few cherry tomatoes to put on the side.

"Thanks bear, that looks amazing" she smiles as I place the place in front of her, sitting across the corner for her.

"That's nothing, baby" it really is, she does so much more for me than she realizes.