25 | The Wrath of Sorrows

FALLEN KINGDOM

Yria's POV

Someone with warm hands held my hand. Turning back, it was Solstice who was trying her best to stay upright.

"We need to go farther away from here. We don't know how destructive that thing is." She sniffed out a cold.

"No! I need to do something!" I pushed her hand away from me.

"Ow!" She fell hard on the snow-covered ground.

"Shit! I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to. I underestimated my strength with you." Krian and I quickly went to help her get up and she weakly got up with her legs trembling.

"Sol! Are you alright? Are you cold?" I tried to check her but she dodged my attempt of holding her cheek.

"I'll be fine. It's just the fatigue. I'm making you warm again, no?" She said before she waved at Krian to follow us. The mute girl shook her head and turned her attention back to my pod that was already smoking from the fires made from the battle.

We spotted a convoy of large black military trucks speeding away from my pod. "Where do you think you're going?" I began to trudge through the thick snow to check where the human soldiers were going. A large white ship was waiting for them by the other side of the glacier, near the tarmac where we landed when we arrived here.

"They're trying to escape." I could hear the disappointment coming from Solstice.

"Not on my watch." I tried to reach them with my power, hoping the salty cold water could bend on my will. Nothing happened. "Fuck! I'm too far away from them!"

"Yria! Wait! Don't!" I continued to run for the soldiers' lives, wishing I could avenge my people with one swipe of my hand. The whistling sound came closer now. I looked up to where the missile was and it was free falling down to my pod.

"No!" Taking control of the snow around me, I created sharp spikes. "Krian, I need your help." I called her and she quickly came to me. I gasped at the new feeling of power coming from her as she placed her hand on my back. With all my might, I hauled the spikes across the sky, aiming at the missile coming to a close.

Normally, a human cannot see far from where I am looking but a few of my spikes have hit the missile. "Please please please, blow up there now." I muttered to myself but the missile continued to fall. "Come on!" I flung another round of spikes across, aiming more carefully than ever. A spike hit the missile loudly.

"It's changing direction! You hit it, Yria!" Solstice cheered.

"Krian, can you still help me? I need to stop that ship. Let me go when you feel weak, okay?" I told the girl behind me. She nodded at me with a hum. "Hold me tight. Solstice, brace yourself." They both came to my aid with Krian hugging me tight while Solstice held on to her. With our powers combined, I felt the weight of the water in my hands.