Chapter 7| Public School Jerks

"I'm not allowing my daughter to roam freely in a pigsty." Y/N's father slammed his hands on the table. "Who knows what could happen?!" Dave yelled. William rolled his eyes. "It's fine, Dave, the school is the best in the state. Just look at records." WIlliam was tired of putting up a nice persona when he was with Dave. William didn't like him at all, and he didn't like how he treated Y/N. Chris was also much more favored than her. 

"I assure you, if anything happens, I'll..."

"Put me as a co-owner of the pizzeria."

"What the hell? No!" Dave had some nerve.

"Then the deal's off between Michael and Y/N's marriage. You're going to go bankrupt, and I will purchase the diners. How about that? Besides, maybe you're right, and nothing will happen." Ah, shit. William was pretty stuck. He is connected though, so he can make sure nothing bad happens. 

"Fine."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N smiled wide as she stocked her backpack for everything she would need for high school. She wasn't nervous at all. Michael spun in her office chair as his hair got wildly messed up. "Don't worry, I'll make sure no public school jerks do anything." He said heroicly. Y/N laughed a bit. "Just last week, I'm pretty sure you would've been a 'public school jerk'." Michael shrugged submissively. "I guess. But not anymore. You're not as much of a bitch, I guess." 

"Haha, very funny."

"I know, thanks."

"Darling!" Y/N's mother shouted, running up the stairs. "Hide!" Y/N frantically pushed Michael into the closet, slamming the door. "Are you... okay?" Amanda suspiciously looked around the room. "You're not doing drugs or anything, right?" Y/N relaxed just a bit. "No Mother!" Amanda laughed, hugging her daughter quickly. "I'm so excited! My baby's starting high school! We're going to have to have a talk... about boys!" She squealed. Y/N looked over to the closet door. "How about in a couple of minutes, momma? I have to use the restroom." Amanda agreed and walked out of the room. "Alright baby, call me when you're ready." Y/N shut the door behind her. "Michael, c'mon." Michael fell out of the closet, laughing his ass off. "Noo! I wanted to hear!" Y/N rolled her eyes. "Never. Soon enough you're going to have to have a tour of the house so you don't have to sneak in here." Michael threw himself on her bed. "Whatever. We could do it now. I'll climb out the window. You get the door. I say hi, and you give me a tour." Y/N didn't see any faults in his plan, nor did it show any sign of foolishness. 

Y/N shoved Michael out the window, resulting in him landing on his butt. HE shouted a choice word at her but she laughed at him and ran away to the front door. "Her mom, Michael's here! Can I open the door?" Y/N's father simultaneously shouted no, as the mother shouted yes. Y/N pretended like she didn't hear her father and opened the door anyway. "Oh heyyyy! C'mon in! I'll give you a tour!"

Michael stepped in. This was kinda a real tour because he hadn't seen the entire house, but he's been in it. "What's good, Mr and Mrs, L/N. Y/N's gonna gimme a tour." Y/N mentally face-palmed. "What are you doing, speaking like a Texan?" Y/N's father gave Michael a dirty look. Before Michael could say something back, Y/N nervously laughed and pushed Michael out of the living room. "Sorry, Dad!" 

Y/N walked him through the house. It wasn't the best mansion she had ever seen, but it was nice. Michael was completely mesmerized due to the fact he was used to living in a normal two-story house. 

"And that's all." Y/N let out a gasp of air. "Crap, I just got a text from my dad, wanna come over for dinner?" Michael showed Y/N the text reading, "Michael, would you like to let Y/N, _______,  have dinner with us tonight?" Michael's thumb covered one word, seemingly on purpose. The old flip-phone font also made it hard to read it. "Move your fat thumb. What does that say?" Michael snatched his phone back. "Nothing!" Y/N snatched the phone and immaturely stuck her tongue out at him. It read, "Future wife" and a heart emoji. Y/N blushed furiously and Michael snatched his phone back. "Don't go back to being a little bitch."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris sat by Liz, holding hands under the table with her. William eyed them suspiciously but smiled smugly when he saw their intertwined hands. "So Chris, Liz, when's the wedding?" William sipped his tea as he got more food. "Probably after Evan's birthday." Liz did a mini hair flip. Chris smiled brightly. "Y/N is the bridesmaid and Mr. William will be the best man!" Chris declared. Evan looked slightly hurt. "Aw man, I wish I could, but I have to be... a... caterer! Maybe Evan could be the best man?" William made a fake sad face and winked in Evan's direction. "Oh yes! Evan will be the best man!" Evan spoke up quietly. "What about maikeel?" (my Grammarly kept auto-correcting it to Mackeral 💀) Michael shrugged. 'it's fine, I'll be the flower guy." 

"Yeah, more like a flower boy." 

"Hey!"

"She's got a point there, son." William snickered. Michael made a pointing face but couldn't hold back a smile. "So, Y/N, are you excited for school?"

"Oh yeah. I'm excited to get away from my dad, especially."

"Understandable."

"Did you know Y/N got starved for a week by daddy?" Chris randomly said. Evan, William, and Liz looked at me with horror. "Are you joking?" "Nope!" Chris said, seemingly proud. "Y/N, you tell me or Michael if that ever happens again. I'll definitely help." William was a little angry. Y/N had gotten close to the family in the months they had lived here. Besides, it was outrageous to do that to a child. 

Everything else went by smoothly. William had planned some more for Evan's birthday with everyone and had been in a few surprise digital camera selfies. Willam took an especially cute one with all five of you. (pretend you and Chris are there.

Michael pretended to have a bad time, but Y/N could see right through him and his 'bad boy' act

"Alright kiddos, it's probably time to send the L/N kids home." William took a deep breath after laughing along with everyone. Liz and Evan groaned. Michael showed no sign of expression. "Thanks so much for having us over Mr. Afton! The food was great!" He smiled sweetly. "Oh please, love, call me William, if you would like." 

Sounded fine/weird to me. 

"I will, William!/Respectfully no thank you. Once again I had a great time!"

"You're welcome over any time. Michael, because it's dark please walk Y/N and Chris to their house." Michael gave a thumbs up and put Chris on his shoulders as we headed out the front door. I chuckled and Michael smiled. "You just snorted." 

"...No I didn't."

"Yeah, you did. It was adorable."

"I don't snort!" 

He snickered and said bye at the front door.

Hugging him goodnight, I put Chris to bed because my dad was too lazy to do so himself. I walked into my room and heard tapping on my window. "Michael... what now?" I sighed. Not that I didn't want him there. But I didn't want him in my room 24/7.

"Heyyy. Wanna meet my cat?" He held a fuzzy little orange blob in his hand. I assumed this was soup. "Awww! How could I have not met him yet?" I said as he placed Soup in my arms. "He's a little hider. Anti-social." I pet his head gently. He tilted it far back, signaling for chin rubs. "He's so cute! I'm keeping him!" I playfully shut the window Michael was right outside of. He rolled her eyes and opened it back up. "Gotta go, Y/N. Dad's gonna be checking on me. Cya later, doll." I felt my face get violently hot as she gently took the cat out of my arms and walked over to his house. At least the nickname Isn't Brickface or bitch anymore. It's still slightly embarrassing to be called doll by a friend. His stupidly amazing slight British accent made it more attractive. But he's just a friend.