04 | Not A Date

Kelly Marin.

I shut my engine off and just sit outside for a while, I don't understand why I'm here but I am. This was the only person, who could help me escape from my parents bullshit.

My cousin Lacey.

I had no problem to even be here, I would've never imagined myself being back here in the first place. Not what happened last time, that was too much to handle and take in.

Just thinking about it makes me want to cry, but I don't. I look at the familiar home before stepping out the car, my legs began taking me in the direction of her walk up. I take deep breaths and raise my hand to knock, three knocks later the door swung back.

"Kelly?" She gasps

"Hi," I breathed.

"Oh my gosh," she smiles "come in, come in" she opens the door wider, I walk inside and take in my surroundings. The house didn't change a bit.

"Sorry for coming on short notice," I apologized

"No, you are okay." She assures me.

The room grew quiet, I didn't want to say but I knew she had a lot to say and right now I wasn't in the mood to talk about that, I'm not even sure what mood I'm even in.

"Kel-"

"Lacey," I interrupted "please let's not talk about that, I'm not here for that if that is what you think. I'm just here for a quick get away"

"Oh okay, well, stay as long as you like I still have that guest room" she smiles softly

"Thank you," I smiled gracefully.

One thing about Lacey was she is very kind-hearted, she never holds a grudge on things. She is only a year older than me, we used to have a really good bond but all that fell apart after I decided to go my separate way.

-

It was almost two in the morning, my phone has been going off non-stop by Angela but I didn't answer. I just turned my phone off, considering I didn't have a charger.

Lacey and I were up all night drinking and catching up on things.

"Is that why your here?" She seems kind of hurt, but she pushes it aside.

"Yes," I sigh "I don't even like the guy, its just how can you try to get with me and then go on to my best friend who happens to be your employee"

The thought made me want to throw up, or maybe I just consumed too much liquor.

"And who is this guy?"

"I don't know his first name, but its Mr. McCann"

Lacey eyes widened as she sets her drink down, she doesn't say anything she just sits there as if she's rethinking life.

"Are you ok?" I slurred.

"Jason McCann as in riches, most known powerful businessman in the world Mr. McCann?"

"Yes," I nod slowly trying to take in everything she said.

"No way, you are not sleeping with him. He sleeps with all of his employees, wait do you work for him?"

"Ew, no, never" I shook my head quickly

"Good, Kelly, don't fall for his trap. He can make you fall in love with him and then bam, he breaks your heart"

"Wait, did you?"

"God, heavens no" she chuckles drunkly "I just hear a lot about him, its actually intriguing" she shrugs