19 | secrets

a year and an update later...

+

Jason's POV

i sat with kelly all night, she just laid there and cried softly until she eventually cried herself to sleep.

she didn't wanna talk about it.

it was irritating me that she didn't wanna tell me, does she not trust me?

but i could understand why, knowing, im the same way. when she's ready, she'll talk to me.

i have secrets of my own, something i will take with me to my grave. something that my friends and family swore they'd never share. just thinking about it brings pain and tears to my eyes.

shaking the thought, i looked at the time and it was almost five in the morning. i can feel the restless bags underneath my eyes, i normally get up at five-thirty and head to work but today i'm going to relax and take Kelly out. she deserves it. she deserves to have her mind cleared from whatever was bothering her or is bothering her.

i laid kelly down - god, she looks so peaceful - i walk to the other side of the bed and crawl in. once my head hit the pillow, my eyes closed and i fell unconsciously into a deep slumber.

~

Kelly Marin.

it was almost twelve in the afternoon and Jason was sound asleep. he looked so exhausted, i didn't want to wake him.

i've been up for almost two hours now, just laying here and thinking.

why me?

why adam?

it felt so real. it was so vivid.

i don't know what to think or how to feel, i couldn't tell jason. i need to forget about my parents, if i told him. he'd leave me, like everyone else that found out did.

bored, i quietly got up and decided to roam around again. i slipped on whatever i could find and headed out the door. on my walk, i came across that locked room. i tried turning the knob hoping it'd mysteriously unlock but it wouldn't.

"Jason, doesn't let anyone in that room" a small voice says

"oh, Gloria, you scared me" i breathed in relief.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to" she apologizes "we're all curious about that room. for as long as i've worked here, i've never been inside nor has he mentioned it."

"how long have you worked for him?"

"when he was able to afford all of this," she chuckles "but five years."

i didn't know much about his business, i never really sat down to talk to him about it. i guess it never occurred to me to do so.

i stared the tall door once more, what is inside there?

i ran my hands against the detailed door frame and walked away.

"i can make some breakfast, if you want me to"

"thank you, but im not hungry at the moment" i smile.

"Kelly, i know i dont know much about you, but Jason's never brought anyone here and let alone introduced anyone as his girlfriend." she says "you must be a good one, please take good care of him. he needs it. he needs you."

she then turns away and continue walking down the hall until i could no longer see her.

i continued my journey and walked off heading down the stairs.