08 | humiliation

Thank you for almost 500 reads and 52 votes!

+

Kelly Marin.

On my way back to my apartment I couldn't stop thinking about what Nikki said. I know it'll happen, but I don't want to believe that.

Jason and I said no strings attached, so why should I care. It's not like we're an item or anything, nor will we ever be.

I walked up the stairs to my apartment, the door automatically opens which I find pretty dangerous for my liking. On the way to my apartment, I saw a familiar figure.

"Are you okay?" He walks towards me.

"I'm fine," I huff.

"Ok, well can you tell me what the hell happened back there? I thought we were doing good,"

"We were!" I shouted

"I don't understand," he frowns

"Look, I don't want to see you again. Alex, your an amazing guy and for that I can't see you anymore." I pull my key out.

"Why? What did I do wrong?"

"That's the problem, you didn't do anything wrong" and he didn't. I couldn't tell him we were related, I wanted him to be a past of mine just like everyone else. I don't understand how my parents and Lacey keep something like this from me.

"I'm sorry," were my last words to him before I entered my apartment.

I locked the door behind me and turned the light on.

"Are you ok?" Angela frowns "I heard shouting,"

Tears threatened to fall, "aw, kelly" she wrapped her arms around me as I cried into her arms.

"I'm sorry, he was an ass"

"No," I sobbed "it wasn't him, it was me"

"What happened?" She leads me to the couch

"Life happened"

....

After explaining everything to Angela about Alex we didn't speak about it.

My phone vibrated.

- 8:43pm -

To: Kelly

I don't know what I said or did at that movie theater, but I knew this was going to happen. Is this what you do with all of your dates, or just me. If you weren't interested you could've said no. Sorry if I wasn't good enough.

I scoffed at the text message I received. He can't be serious. I didn't respond, I wasn't going to because it'll only make me feel even worse than I do. I didn't mean to hurt Alex but I was saving him for something that wasn't bound to happen. If I told him we were related he'll probably try to be around all the time and I can't have that.