17

(Note : Namjoon knows that Jin is a detective. Jin told him the day they met.)

That morning...

Jin was in the college, seated in the staff room next to Namjoon, who was signing some students' test papers. They were totally engrossed in their work.

With no one else present in the room, Jin turned to him, breaking the silence. "Namjoon, do you happen to know when the principal won't be in his office?" He asked.

Namjoon paused his task of signing papers, looking up at him with a curious expression. "Hmm, I believe he has a meeting scheduled later this afternoon, around 2:30 and I heard it might end at 3:00 p.m.," he replied, his brows furrowing slightly as he recalled the schedule.

Jin nodded thoughtfully, processing the information. "Good to know.", he said, tapping his pen lightly against the desk as he thought about his next move.

Namjoon leaned in, his voice lowered to a whisper. "Are you planning to sneak into his room to find those secret files?" he asked.

Jin hesitated for a moment before nodding slowly. "Yes, I am," he admitted, his tone serious as he considered the risks involved.

Surprised by him, Namjoon's brows furrowed in thought. "Could I come with you?" he asked.

Jin's eyes widened at the unexpected request. "Are you sure about this, Namjoon?" He questioned, his voice laced with concern.

Namjoon nodded firmly, determination shining in his eyes. "I've been trying to get access to those files for over a year now, Jin. If there's a chance we can uncover the truth together, I want to take it," he declared.

Jin studied him for a moment, assessing his sincerity. "Alright," he said with a nod. "We'll do this together," he affirmed.

He then furrowed his brow as he asked Namjoon why they were not told about the meeting. Namjoon told him why as he began to explain everything that it might be about experiments.

"So, only the professors who've been here for more than five years can know about these experiments," Jin mused aloud. "What about you?"

"It's been three years for me." Namjoon said.

"Three years, and you've already uncovered this much including where the files might be," Jin remarked, impressed by him.

"Well, I am actually thankful to you, a good detective to come and solve this mystery. I really didn't expect someone to help me, really." Joon said as he smiled.

"I'm glad I can help," Jin replied and his expression softened. "It must have been difficult for you, knowing that many of your former students are among the missing," he remarked, his voice laced with sympathy. "But we'll do everything we can to uncover the truth and bring them home."

______________________

They then waited in tense anticipation until 2:30, the appointed time for the principal and the other professors to start their meeting in a private room.

When the clock finally struck 2:30, they knew it was their cue to act. With stealthy movements, they slipped out of the staff room, their senses heightened as they made their way towards the principal's office.

All students had already been instructed to remain in their classrooms during the meeting, leaving the corridor deserted.

As they stood infront of the office, Jin reached for the door handle and gave it a gentle push. To their fortune, it swung open without a sound, granting them access to the room beyond.

With cautious steps, they entered the dimly lit office. They then wasted no time, heading straight for the framed photograph of the principal's deceased wife.