The Apple Brothers

A/n: This will be how you met Noot and Dream, and then the apple incident itself, so you get the vibe of your relationship with the apple brothers. Also I did age up the brothers abit, but they're still children in this first chapter. And for those of you who are confused, in cannon, the apple incident happens when they are children, so in this story, the brothers are 8, making you 7.

~~~~

It was a nice day, birds were singing and flowers were blooming, and on a lonely day like this, it was quite hot out as a small skeleton in a tree was looking up at the bright sky, holding a book in his hand. The skeleton was clad in all purple, wearing a gold crown with a crescent moon on it as his brother, a skeleton clad in light blue and yellow, ran around the tree, chasing a butterfly. Suddenly the two brothers heard something, the sound of crackling ice. But that wasn't right because it was the middle of spring, so there shouldn't be any ice around. The purple skeleton hopped out of the tree, walking over and standing next to his brother as they both looked at the ice forming on the ground in the shape of a snowflake. The yellow skeleton turns to his brother.

Yellow Skeleton: Brother, what is this?

Purple Skeleton, narrowing his eyes: I don't know Dream...but we gotta be careful!

Dream: I'm always careful, Nightmare!

Nightmare, the purple skeleton, gives his brother an unamused stare as Dream chuckles nervously. The ice snowflake suddenly glows and a small child is thrown out of it, looking a year younger than the brothers.

 The ice snowflake suddenly glows and a small child is thrown out of it, looking a year younger than the brothers

(dis you, i drew dis. Also think I have burnout from the other story, so imma break on it for the weekend. Also, this is just your child form. I'll draw your older form when we get there)

You look around, disorintened, not knowing where you are, but knowing that it feels familiar somehow.

Y/n: w-where am I..?

Dream, piping up: You're in our village! How did you get here? How did you make the portal? It was cool!

Y/n looks startled, looking at Dream with wide eyes as their ears twitch. Nightmare notices, being the smarter of the two brothers, and sighs, putting his hand on his brothers shoulder, causing Dream to look at him.

Nightmare: You startled them brother. Be careful next time.

Dream nods, smiling sheepishly as he turns to you.

Dream: Sorry about that...I'm Dream, and this is my brother Nightmare! Who're you?

Y/n: I-i'm Y/n. It's nice to meet you both.

Nightmare, nodding and still abit wary: you too.

Dream: How'd you get here?

Y/n: I-I was thrown, I think...I don't know...

The brothers nod and Y/n gets up, brushing their skirt off as they look around, curious. Nightmare notices and goes to say something, but Dream interrupts him.

Dream: You can stay with us until you find a way back to your home!

Nightmare, sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose: Dream, you can't say that! We barely know them!

Dream: But-

Y/n, shaking their head: N-no, it's fine...I don't want to be a bother anyways. And Nightmare has a point, you barely know me...

Dream pouts and then gets an idea, grinning slightly before using his secret weapon, the puppy dog eyes. You and Nightmare sweatdrop, but then succumb to the puppy dog eyes, with you covering your eyes. Nightmare sighs and nods.

Nightmare: Alright, she can stay.

Nightmare then turns to you with an apologetic smile.

Nightmare: do you mind?

Y/n shakes their head and uncovers their eyes.

Y/n: No, I don't mind...thank you.

The brothers nod and lead you to their tree, with one side being golden apples filled with positivity and the other being black apples filled with negativity. This reminds you of a tree back home, but instead of it being split in half, it was a tree filled with silver apples that could give energy to those who eat it as long as they have pure intentions.

~~mini timeskip~~

It's been four months since you've met the brothers, and you al have grown close, after discovering that all three of you are guardians, with Nightmare being negativity(which you thought was cool), Dream being positivity(which makes sense for him since he has a puppy personality), and you being memories(which will be expanded on later-Author). Y/n was proud to say that the two brothers were her brothers, with Nightmare being the older brother and Dream being the younger brother, and you, the middle child. When you told them that you thought of them as your brothers, they were shocked. Well, Nightmare was shocked because he thought no one would like him, while Dream was ecstatic. He kept on repeating 'I have a sister!', for an hour, and even the whole day, not that you or Nightmare minded...but because of your new connection with Nightmare, the villagers have also targeted you, much to Nightmare's displeasure. Nightmare was already at a breaking point, but that seemed to be the last straw....

Y/n, quietly: Nightmare...? A-are you okay?

Nightmare, no longer being purple, and instead being a black goopy octopus with a cyan eye, and vague outlines, looked at you, and laughed.

Nightmare: Why dear sister, I've never been better!...Now get out my way. I have some villagers i need to turn into mince meat!

Y/n flinches back and shook their head, not liking this new Nightmare.

Y/n:...p-please don't. What about Dream?

Nightmare, scowling: He never cared. If he did, he would have done something!

Y/n: He didn't know! I didn't either until they started targeting me to! What's the difference between me and him?

Nightmare scowls, before thinking abit, his eyes narrowed, before responding.

Nightmare: You're right sister....I'll see you when you wake up.

Nightmare sense a tentacle at you, and you cover your face with your eyes instinctively, and then everything goes black for you, with the last thing you hear is Nightmare saying 'I'm sorry', with his cyan eye going lavender for a moment, before going back to cyan. I wonder what you will do now that you have gotten trapped in a sleep that you don't know when you will wake up from. I wonder what you will do in your sleep...you should have some autonomy in your sleep, not completely, but some...

Word Count: 1089