Waking Up

A/n: around 250 years have passed and Dream is still a statue

~~~~

Cold. That's all you know, cold. The outside world is blurry, but you think it's moving. You don't know. You can only watch from the mindscape, but even those lines are starting to blur together. You did practice with your magic, and found you can move from mindscape to mindscape, so you used that to do your job of protecting peoples memories. You aren't really sure what's going on in Dreamtale because it's quiet. There are no birds singing, and the flowers aren't blooming, it seems like it really was the end...wasn't it?

???, muffled: hey kid. Kid are you there?

Y/n perks up slightly, their eyes opening blearly in the mindscape...did that come from the outside? I think it did...come on Y/n, you have to try to wake up.

???, abit more clear: Kid! Wake up, will ya! You're scaring us!

Y/n tries to wake up, the mindscape they have been trapped in for 2 centuries and 5 decades, slowly fading to black.

???: Kid! I know you can do it! You're almost there! Just follow my voice!

Y/n squeezes their eyes shut, trying to imagine themselves waking up...and then they open their eyes. Y/n looks around blearily, the colors and sounds being too much for them. Y/n does register the fact that someone has touched them and is helping them sit up. Y/n's legs feel like jelly, having been asleep for far too long.

???, sighing in relief: There ya go kiddo...what're doing in an au like this? This is no place for you to be!

Y/n blinks, trying to register the words as they look at who spoke...seeing a skeleton with wings? How odd...

seeing a skeleton with wings? How odd

(i drew dis. And that is Memory!Sans, but we just call him Memory <3)

The skeleton seems to notice your confusion and bleariness, and smiles softly, handing Y/n a small candy apple. Y/n takes it an looks at the apple in confusion.

???, smiling: Eat it, it'll help you regain your strength. So, what's your name kiddo?

Y/n glances at him, before looking at the apple. They aren't sure if they should trust him, but she is hungry after all...so she took a bite and stars went into their eyes at the taste. Y/n starts to eat it like a ravenous wolf, and the skeleton panics slightly.

???: Hey! Slow down kiddo! I don't want you to choke!

Y/n coughs, having eaten too fast as the skeleton pats their back to help them.

???, sighing: Well, guess I should introduce myself. My name is Sans, and I come from Memorytale...but that'll get you confused with other sans you meet, so just call me Memory, okay kiddo?

Y/n nods and looks up at him, noting that he looks familiar somehow, but doesn't know why he looks familiar..also, the whole au thing confused them. Memory notices and chuckles softly, ruffling your head fur.