Timeline 4

Y/n was in her house, having just got back from a neutral Outertale timeline to restore some memories because the fight with Omega Flowey took more time than any of them would have liked. Y/n is eating some cereal because they are too lazy to actually make something, and is just scrolling on their phone, trying to relax. Their phone suddenly rings as an unknown caller calls them. Y/n, having nothing better to do, answers it.

Y/n, mouthful of cereal: hello?

XChara: hey-...are you eating?

Y/n: cereal, why?

XChara:....curiousity?

Y/n shrugs and pushes their now empty bowl to the side.

Y/n: fair enough. What's up, and I'm assuming you still remember my phone number from the time I told you?

XChara: Yeah, and I borrowed Sans's phone.

Y/n, shrugging: fair enough. What's up?

XChara, sarcastically: the sky

Y/n:...listen here you little-

XChara, laughing softly: yeah, yeah, I know...but there was a reason I called you.

Y/n, raising an eyebrow: well? What is it? Do I need to come over there?

XChara: I think I can explain it over the phone.

Y/n:...want me to come over anyways?

XChara:...yes please-

Y/n, sighing: alright, be right there.

Y/n hangs up the phone and gets up, stretching. Y/n puts their phone in their pocket and makes a portal to XTale, going through it. Y/n opens their wings and flies above XTale, making sure they aren't seen as they search for XChara and XSans. Y/n quickly finds them by finding a memory trail because of the snowflakes. Y/n dives towards them, but gently lands, standing up and looking around.

Y/n:...wow, we really need to stop meeting in alleyways.

XChara chuckles and nods while XSans is looking at Y/n with stars in his eyes.

XChara:...yeah, but there really isn't a place to talk because he has eyes and ears everywhere.

Y/n, nodding: I'd suggest going to my place, but XGaster would tell Ink, who would bring you back here.

XChara sighs and nods, running a hand through his hair as XSans now looks confused.

XChara: I-I know...but something is going on with him. I don't know what it is, but something is going on...and I-

Y/n, sighing softly: you want me to mess with someone's memories so the memories of the previous overwrites are open again?

XChara nods rapidly and Y/n facepalms. XSans looks more confused.

XSans:...what's your name?

Y/n internally curses once they realize they forgot to introduce themselves to the skeleton.

Y/n, smiling: I'm Y/n. It's nice to meet you XSans.

Xsans: I'm San-...how???

XSans seems confused about how Y/n knows his name, but XChara quickly comes up with an excuse so they don't have to explain the multiverse to XSans...yet.

XChara: I told her about you! And how you're a great friend and all!

XSans relaxes, taking this answer as he nods/

XSans: oh...makes sense, so why was he talking about memories?

XChara blinks, not having an answer to that as Y/n facepalms again, now knowing they have to explain everything...again.