Memories and Dreams

A/n: aight, i'm feeling sad, so apologies if this chapter feels shorter than the others. Also, 30 years have passed since the previous chapter, meaning Y/n is still 21 physically, but 507 in actuality...so we all know who is waking up now 😀

~~~

In the past 30 years, yourself, Ink, Error, Memory, and Nightmare have seen each other more often, but it sometimes gets annoying when they just appear outta nowhere when you're in the middle of something, but at least Memory gives you a heads up, or asks to meet, while the other three just appear...but for the past year, Ink has been distant, and that concerns you since the colorful and artistic skeleton usually appears once a week...but you can't really do anything about it until he decides to tell you why he's been distant...even thought he's probably forgotten about it or something.

At the current moment, Y/n has put a cherry pie on the windowsill to cool off, and they have walked outside to enjoy the nice, sunny day. Y/n takes a deep breath, and exhales, smiling and stretching their limbs.

Y/n, smiling softly: it's nice to finally have a day off....man, people are getting more sad often.

(Fun fact: depression leads to major memory loss, so that's why Noot Noot appeared)

Y/n smiles, but then hears Ink appearing and turns to greet him, but then gets tackled down by a blur of yellow, causing them to fall on the ground. Y/n squeaks in surprise and looks at what tackled her, only to see Dream there, clinging to her and crying. Y/n's eyes widen and she sits up.

Y/n:...D-dream..? H-how?!

Ink, walking over: I found him in an abandoned au, after he broke out of a statue...I took him for a year so he could get used to being alive and the multiverse and all...but then he mentioned being related to you, so I brought him here....after forgetting a few times.

Y/n nods, now visible relaxed as their wings wrap around Dream, who is still crying and clinging to them.

Y/n:...thank you Ink...so, so much...*chuckles* I guess that favor you owe me, has been completed now, huh?

Ink blinks in surprise, his eyelights turning into exclamation points, before he nods, sitting near the mind siblings. Y/n smiles and tilts Dream's head up, wiping away his tears.

Y/n: It's okay, brother, I'm here now....you won't be turned to stone again, and I won't be forced to sleep, promise.

Dream nods, going back to hugging you, burying his head in your chest. Y/n smiles, and then Ink had to ruin the moment.

Ink: What about Nightmare? What will tell him?

Dream, perking up: Nighty is alive?

Y/n sighs softly, unsure of how to explain the whole Nightmare situation to Dream without traumatizing him....Y/n gives Ink a mini glare, before turning her attention back to Dream, who seems excited. Y/n decides to tell the truth, despite how much it might hurt.

Y/n:...listen Dream, there isn't an easy way to say this, but I can try....Nightmare isn't the Nightmare we used to know. He's changed, physically and mentally. He likes to harm others and spread negativity....if I'm being completely honest, when Nightmare finds out you're now alive and out of stone, he might try to hurt you...

Dream is shocked, more tears falling. Y/n is internally cursing the fates for this as they pull Dream into a tiger hug. Dream sniffles, burying his head into your neck.

Dream, quietly:...w-what about you?

Y/n shakes their head softly, sighing. Ink isn't sure if he should be here for this conversation, but is curious as to where this conversation is going.