Be Brave

*Owen's POV

We drove the jeep out into the off road. We stopped when we saw the destroyed hamster wheel. Claire jumped out as ran towards it. Ava and I got out and followed her. "No! No, no!" Claire crude out running over to it. She picked up a broken cellphone.i took m knife as got one of the hybrids teeth out of the hamster wheel. Looking down I saw something. "They made it out." I said pointing to their tracks. Claire sighed a breathe of relief and stood up. "Okay, let's go." I said. All three of us walked out and followed their tracks. My eyes gaze over to Ava. Her hands are shaking and she is biting her lip. I reached out and take her hand our fingers interlacing. She looks up at me. I look at her with all seriousness "Listen, I promise you, I will not let anything happen to you." Ava squeezed my hand tighter "Just don't get hurt okay?" She asked. I nodded "Okay." I glanced over ad saw Claire glaring at us. She then marched on up ahead. Once the tracks stopped it was at a waterfall. "Oh God they jumped!" Claire said. "Brave kids." Ava replied. I nodded "We'll we know they made it." Claire looked around "Gray!!!... Zack!!!!!" She screamed. "Shush!!" I said holding my hands up. She glared at me "Stop it! I'm not one of your damn animals!" I sighed "Look...those kids are still alive but if you continue to scream like that we won't be." Claire sighed. She then rolled up her sleeves and unbuttoned the top of her shirt and tied it. "What's that suppose to mean?" I asked. Claire shrugged "It means I'm ready to go." I nodded "Alright, but I'm in charge out here. Think of it as a walk in the woods." I said. Ava walked up to me and patted my shoulder "Yeah, 2 million years ago."

----

As we walked out we heard the sound of a jeep. All of us ran until we got to an abandoned piece of the old park. "Is this...?" Ava said. I nodded "Yeah, it is. Jurassic Park." We went inside and saw only one jeep, but tire tracks that led down a road. "That road leads straight to the park." Claire said. I looked around "How did they even get one of these started?" I asked. While I was looking around I stopped. Ava was standing still and looking outside with her eyes wide. Claire and I then heard the growl. I quickly grabbed Ava and jerked her beside me in front of the jeep. The Indominous Rex stuck her head inside. She leaned against the jeep and breathed in. Ava's lip quivered and she buried her head in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and sat very still. My heart was racing and I closed my eyes. When there was silence I opened y eyes and looked. The hybrid was gone. Silently I crept over and grabbed my gun. When I came back I looked at Ava and smirked. Before anything else happened the roof broke apart and the hybrid roared and started coming after us. "Go!!!!" I shouted. Ava and Claire jumped up and ran. I ran as we'll with the jeep being pushed foreword and barely missing me. We all ran outside until we heard gunshots. The Indominous Rex running away. Claire got on the phone and began talking to her people back at headquarters. Ava looked at Claire "Tell Larry I said hey and I loved his Jurassic Park shirt!" I gave her a look "Really?" I said. She shrugged "It's a cool t-shirt." Once Claire was off the phone we stopped at a hill. The large Aviary cave was there. The Indominous Rex ran right for it and burst the glass. All the flying demon dinosaurs came out. The helicopter shooting at them. One man then fell out. "Oh no..." Claire breathed. Soon the chopper was going down. "No!" Claire screamed. It hit and broke the glass and an explosion erupted. The indominous Rex ran out and disappeared into the treeline. All the Taradacktles flew out and were coming towards us. "Tree line now!" I said pushing Ava and towards it. We jumped and laid down flat. I covered Ava's head. Once it was quiet we stood up. Claire had a tear going down her cheek. "Hey, it's okay." I said resting a hand on her shoulder. I looked over at Ava who looked at the cage. "She going to kill everyone isn't she?" Ava asked. I went over to her "Be brave." I said. She nodded "I think I can manage that."