Chapter 10

It was the haldi ceremony today. Everyone was busy in their respective works. Most of the people were helping to wedding organizers to decorate the garden for haldi. They had to do all this in a short period of time that's why all the cricketers were trying to help them.

"Come out Abhi! It's been 1 hour! I have to take shower too" Mayank shouted knocking on the door of washroom. He was about to knock again but Abhishek opened the door. A grey towel wrapped around his waist and the water dripping from his hair to his abs.
"Are you okay? It's only 7 am! Why are you in such hurry?" Abhishek asked taking another towel and wiping his hair.
"Uh... I..."
Mayank was lost in the beauty of Abhishek. Mayank always had something for him that he never found out. Abhishek was someone more than just friend for him, his comfort zone.

"Hey?" Asked Abhishek shaking Mayank's shoulder.
"Wha-what?"
"Tumhe nahane jana tha na? Ab jao. Tabse dimag kharab kar rakha hai"
"Can I say something?" Mayank asked looking deep in his eyes.
"Sure"
"You're... Beautiful"

Abhishek felt something unknown in his heart that he only feels around Mayank. He smiled at him.

"Not more than you. Ab jao warna Rohit bhai phir daatenge" Abhishek pushed Mayank.

Mayank looked at himself in the mirror, found himself blushing at the compliment he just got.

"Why can't you just confess Mr.Markande?" He asked to himself.

Ishan woke up by the loud music coming from outside. He knew that only Hardik could wake up early and play such loud songs. He looked around and saw Tilak was brushing his hair.

"Good morning" said Tilak fixing his yellow kurta.
"You're looking good" Ishan said in sleepy voice.
"Thanks! Tu bhi jaldi ready hoja"
"Why? What is today?" Asked Ishan while yawning and rubbing his eyes.
"How can you forget that? Wake up properly I guess you're still in your dreams. Aaj Shubman aur Pallavi di ki haldi hai!"

All the memories suddenly hit Ishan and he remembered everything. He had no will to get up but Tilak forced him to get ready. They came outside and found Rohit shouting at some workers.

"Are wo thik karna bhai!" Rohit shouted.
"Wo kya sir?"
"Are wo... Wo kya hai wo!"
"You mean the chandelier?"
"Haa wo chandelier. It will fall on someone's head"

Tilak and Ishan couldn't help but laugh at Rohit and his obsession with "wo".

"Ro bhai bhi na. Unki wo wali aadat kabhi nahi jayegi" Tilak said.
"Mere husband ki tareef kar rahe ho?" Ritika said from behind.
"Bhabhi aap to-"
"Sab samajhti hu. Now go and play with Sammy. She is finding you since she woke up"

Tilak ran to Sammy as he can't make her sad. It was daily routine to take care of her. She was like his own daughter.

"Ishu how are you now?" Asked Ritika with a concerned look.
"I'm fine. Why are you asking that Bhabhi?"
"I know everything. Just stay strong. Sometimes you don't get what you want even after a lot of efforts"

She hugged him and walked towards Sammy and Tilak. Shahneel called Ishan from some steps away.

"What happened di?" Ishan asked seeing Shahneel tensed.
"I need your help. Come with me to the kitchen"

She took him to the kitchen and saw a mess treated there with some yellow stuff.

"Can you help me make the haldi for Shub and Pallavi? I know it's not hard but I've something to do"
"So basically you're telling me to do that"
"Yes! I know there are many other people who can do that but mumma wanted a family member to do that"

Ishan's eye widened hearing"a family member".

"But I'm not family member"
"You are Ishu. You're just like my brother and my parent's child. Please do that for me" Shahneel said pulling Ishan's hand.
"Okay okay I'll do that. Badle mein mujhe kya milega?"
"Jo manglo lekin baad mein. I'm going now, bye and thanks!" She kissed his cheeks and left.