Chapter 4

Abhishek was speaking non-stop about random things that Shubman didn't even listen as his focus was only on the guy laughing with his friend just a few steps ahead.
"Aur main... Ek minute are you even listening?" Asked Abhishek.
"Absolutely" Shubman answered, little startled.
"Then tell me whom was I talking about?" Abhishek asked with a sarcastic smile.
"Umm... Mayank I guess"
"I wasn't even talking about any human. I was telling you about how I had to struggle before picking this outfit tonight"

Abhishek stood up and walked towards Ishan who was talking to Mayank.
"Chal tu mere saath" Abhishek said and took Mayank upstairs.
"Is he okay?" Asked Ishan in disbelief.
"He is angry because I wasn't listening to him"
"As expected. Anyways, wanna have some drinks before the new year countdown"
"Sure!" Said Shubman.

Now people were ready for the last 5 seconds countdown.
"5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. Happy New Year!" All shouted at once.
Shubman noticed how all the couples kissed each other. There was a sudden urge in him to kiss the person in front of him.
"Shubman!" Ishan pushed him as the other kissed on his cheeks.
"Happy New Year" said Shubman with a smile.
"You're so-" Virat didn't let Ishan speak.
"Maine dekha sab" said Virat, clearing his throat.
"It was just a friendly kiss Virat Bhai. Don't take it seriously" said Ishan wiping his cheeks.
"Whatever but no one can deny the fact that you both look cute... Together"
"Virat bhai aap phir se shuru ho gaye?" Ishan said with a pout.

Shubman almost felt like his heart skipped a beat. It was true. He could never love someone else more than his Ishan.

While everyone were still dancing and enjoying, Shubman felt a bit exhausted in the crowd.
"Let's leave" Shubman said to Ishan.
"Why so early? Wait a little more please"
"I said I want to leave now" he replied louder because of the loud music.
"Fine... Let's go"

Ishan informed others before taking their leave.

In their shared room

Shubman started taking off his shirt just by the time they entered.
"What are you doing? Go and change in washroom not infront of me" Ishan pushed him towards the washroom.
"Can't handle my hotness?" Shubman asked with a smirk.
"I'm more hoter than you but I don't wanna flex"
Shubman just laughed at his cuteness and locked the door of washroom. He came out after few minutes and saw that Ishan was already sleeping. He walked towards him to check if he was really sleeping or not but he founds that he was really sleeping while hugging a pillow.

"Why am I jealous of a pillow?" Shubman said taking the pillow and adjusting himself in that place to cuddle with Ishan.

Shubman's eyes opened. His vision was still blurry, chirping of birds echoing in his head and a person sitting beside him.

"Ishan?" He asked.
"Jugnu" other smiled.

(A/N: Anyone wondering who is Jugnu aka Khushpreet then he is the official manager of Shubman)

"What are you doing here?" Asked Shubman rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.
"As your manager, it's my responsibility to be with you. And I've something to tell you as well"
"When did you come back from Punjab?"
"Today early morning. Now get ready and meet me downstairs"

Shubman still can't process how did Jugnu come back so early. He went to meet his family in Punjab 3 days ago and he even said that he'll spend a week there.

Ishan was practicing with others since a long time. He stopped when he heard someone calling him with familiar voice.

"How are you Ishan?" Asked Jugnu giving him a bottle of water.
"Thanks and I'm fine. How are you here?"
"I was thinking to spend more time there until I got something up to do and came back as soon as possible"
"Can I ask what's that?" Said Ishan hesitating, trying not to sound annoying.
"You'll get to know soon and I'm sure you'll be happy"

By the time, Shubman came.
"What are you guys talking about?" Before he could ask anything else, Jugnu pulled him by his shoulder.
"Why would you practice today? I've discussed about this to Rohit bhai. Now come with me I got something really important to tell you. Bye Ishan, we'll meet at evening"

Ishan couldn't answer as they already left. Even Shubman himself was clueless by the sudden change in Jugnu's behaviour. Rohit was passing by the net where Ishan was practicing. He thought to ask Rohit.

"Rohit bhai!"
"Haa bolo"
"Do you know where did Jugnu take Shubman with him? He was in hurry"
"Gaya hoga kahi. Don't worry. He just said that he wants to take Shubman somewhere with him and it was important. I thought we don't have any matches this month also so I let him go. You can also leave if you want to"
"No I would rather practice"

It was already afternoon. Ishan was eating his lunch with Mayank and Tilak sitting beside him.
"I heard Jugnu talking to Shubman's father on his phone about a girl named Pallavi" said Mayank.
"Why are you telling us about this?" Asked Ishan.
"Because I know that something wrong is happening. I mean why would Jugnu talk about a girl to his father?"
"We don't know the truth behind all this Mayu. Jugnu said that we'll be happy after getting to know about the surprise so let's just wait till then" said Ishan and Tilak agreed with him.

Jugnu and Shubman came soon. Shubman was looking tired and sad but he didn't say anything. He made his way to his room without talking to anyone while Jugnu was looking happy.

"Hello Jugnu" said Virat.
"Hi bhaiya. What's up?" Said Jugnu with a bright smile.
"You're looking so happy today. What happened?"
"I forgot to tell you and Rohit bhaiya about this. Where is Rohit bhaiya? I'll tell you both at once"

While in the room, Ishan was trying to bring back the smile on Shubman's face.
"Kya hua? You were happy in the morning and suddenly sad. Did Jugnu scold you? Did he say something wrong? At least tell me"
"I want to rest for now" said Shubman.
"First tell me why are you sad?"
"I'll tell you later. Let me sleep for now"
Shubham didn't wait for his reply and slept. Ishan sighed and thought to go outside. But the situation outside was even worse. All the elder cricketers like Virat, Rohit, Surya, Hardik, Ashwin were looking upset as well. They were looking at Ishan.
"Are you all okay?" Said Ishan. He knew Jugnu has done something wrong.
"I don't think if you'll be able to accept this but Shubhman is going to get-" Virat was cut off by Rohit.
"Ishan don't take stress. Everything is fine" Rohit said and sent him to other youngsters.
"Why did you-" whispered Virat.
"Are you dumb Virat? Do you think he'll able to handle that? Let's wait till Shubman tells him about this" answered back Ashwin.

Hope you all must have enjoyed. This all for this week. Will be back with some other interesting plots. Keep voting and comment as well.