Chapter 15

"Mom... Dad... I don't love Pallavi. She is just a friend. I didn't even know her before we met here for our wedding but this guy standing in front you has sacrificed his everything for her. He is the one who deserves her, not me. If I'll marry her then even God will never ever forgive me, probably I'll never forgive myself too" said Shubman holding Ishan's hand tightly to gain the confidence.
"My daughter is a millionaire but what does he have of his own? He's just a wedding organizer" said Pallavi's mother.
"So what's the problem in that? Is it necessary for men to always earn more than his wife? And he's isn't just a wedding organizer. He is the one who turns other's wedding dreams in reality while his own wedding dreams were destroyed by you all" Rohit said to Pallavi's parents and giving death glares to Jugnu.

Karthik took out his garland and turban, sat on his knees in front of Pallavi's parents and joined his hands.

"I never wanted to break the trust that you both had given me before this marriage. I've no one with me right now. My parents left me because I wanted to become a wedding organizer, my siblings never tried to meet me. I was so lonely until I met Pallavi. She changed my life. I wanted her since the first time I saw her. I'll do everything for her, just give your daughter to me. I'll always be there in her ups and downs, I'll never let her feel alone. She gave me her shoulder to rely on when I was in tight spot and now, she needs me"

Pallavi broke in tears seeing her husband like that. Shahneel tried to calm her.

"She's yours. Just don't let the smile disappear from her face and don't let her cry like we did" said Pallavi's father making Karthik understand up. He hugged him then gave Pallavi's hand in Karthik hand.

"Aap log to ajeeb hai. It's okay, now listen. Aap logo ko pata chal ki is wedding ki bride to kisi aur se pyaar karti thi but pata hai groom kisse pyaar karta hai" said Jugnu bringing Ishan to Shubman's parents.

"This guy... Ishan Kishan. Your son is a gay and he loves him. Pallavi aur Karthik ka to samajh aata hai but them? What are you doing to do now, Mr and Mrs Gill?" said Jugnu trying to manipulate the old couple.
"What is he saying Shubman?" asked his mom.
"Is it true, Ishu?" asked Ishan's mother.
"Yes, it's true. We love each other. If you can't accept us then we'll go somewhere really far away. You all will never see our faces again" said Ishan.
"Absolutely! I'm ready to go anywhere but I'll stay with him" Shubman added.

Shubman's parents didn't know much about same gender relationship. They used to think that it's some kind of disease or something. Even Ishan's parents thought the same and denied to accept them.

"Go wherever you both want to but don't show your face to us. We will never accept gays in our family. We didn't raise you so that one day you'll come to us and say that you love a boy" said Shubman's father. Shahneel knew it was wrong. The cricketers tried to explain everything to the old couple but they didn't listen to anyone and left from there.

"Let's go Ishan. There's nothing left for us" said Shubman.
"No, wait till they process all this" said Pallavi not wanting them to leave like this.
"They won't accept us. Karthik, keep her happy and take care of each other. I'll... take my leave"

Shubman hugged everyone before leaving.

"Yaar tu chale jayega then parishan kisko karunga?" said Mayank to Shubman.
"Tere paas Abhi hai na"
"What?"
"We know you love him. Make sure to take care of him as well. I don't want you both to suffer like us" said Ishan.
"We'll talk to your parents. Please don't go anywhere" said Virat. He always loved them like his own brothers. They were like his emotional supporters.
"It's useless bhai. Agar kismat mein hoga then we'll surely meet again"

And they left. There was an awkward silence everywhere. All the cameraman and paparazzi were sent back. Some guests already left for their homes. Without Shubman and Ishan, the ICT men's lives were like world without colours.

"Why did you do this, mom and dad!?" asked Shahneel crying and shouting.
"You don't deserve a brother like him" said her mother.
"He just loved a person. He didn't commit a crime. I'll not forgive you both for this"
"You're talking to your parents, Shahneel!"
"Parents or enemies?" Shahneel threw her bangles and started crying more.

"He did all this for us but at the end, he's the one suffering" said Pallavi.
"Where is Jugnu? It's all because of him" Rohit said and went to find Jugnu. Others followed Rohit and found Jugnu in his room, packing his belongings.

"You're leaving now after creating a mess?" Tilak shouted.
"So what? Shubman is not here which means I've lost my job. I've nothing here"
"Why did you do this? Why can't you see him happy?" Pallavi said and slapped him.
"Ye sab to hona hi tha ek din" said Jugnu like shameless.
"There's no use of talking to him" said Rohit going out.

Next morning, everyone went to their respective homes. It's been a week now since the wedding. Even Shubman's parents started missing their son but couldn't say it as they knew they were the one who told him to leave. ICT had no interest in playing matches. They were constantly delaying the matches. No one had recovered from wounds of the day when two important boys of ICT disappeared. Nobody knows where are they right now. Some tried to contact them but they didn't answer their calls.

After a month, Shubman's parents visited Ishan's parents. They discussed about this again. Raj and Shahneel explained them that loving someone of same gender isn't wrong or a disease. Both the couples listened carefully and regretted a lot. They both were missing their sons so much and had started finding them. Their Instagram accounts were deleted and mobile number was deactivated.

Keep voting and I hope you all like this chapter. Will be back soon! Thank for reading.