Chapter 16

It's been four years since the incident. They tried to find them in every corner of India but they weren't found. Their names were removed from the ICT annual contract too. Now the Indian Cricket Team had visited West Indies for ODI World Cup 2027. They had plenty of time as the matches were to be started from September but they visited in August for practice.

(A/N: WC in 2027 will be taking place in WI. I don't know which month, date and etc. Even Rohit might not play till 2027 but I've still added him in the squad. This is just fictional)

Virat gave them the idea to hang out all together. There was a big amusement park near the hotel they were staying in. Weather was perfect for hanging out with kids and enjoy the destination. After a lot of fun, they decided to eat something. Hopefully, they found an Indian restaurant in the park. It was kinda surprising but good for them as they can't stay away from Indian food too. The restaurant wasn't so big but had seats enough for them to adjust. It was clean and had wooden walls giving beach vibes. A little girl, probably ten or eleven years old came to take the orders.

"Itne saare customers ek saath? Achanak se... Can I take your orders one by one please?" She asked sweetly. All adorned her innocence and cuteness. She went to the table where both Rohit and Virat were sitting with their family.

"Hello cutie. What's your name?" Asked Virat.
"Papa told me to not interact with strangers. Just take their orders and come back" she said pointing her small fingers on Virat.
"Strangers? You don't know us?" Asked Rohit being shocked how she is Indian but doesn't know Indian cricketers.
"Kyu? Aap log koi bohot bade celebrity ho? By the way, I'm Shubisha. Now can I have your orders please?" She said taking out her diary.
"Nahi utne bade celebrity to nahi hai humlog. Well, take out orders then. You don't seem to like Virat Kohli" Virat said showing a sad expression after getting roasted by a child.

She wrote everyone's orders immediately and walked towards the kitchen. Virat noticed two people cooking the food they ordered. The chefs seemed to be surprised by the long list of foods and drinks. Shubisha came very soon with the tray containing some plates of food. They helped her to serve as no other waiters could be seen. One of the chef came too but the tray fell from his hands when he saw the customers. The cricketers got startled by the sudden noise and looked at him. There was a silence for a minute as no one could process what just happened. Other chef came too upon hearing the sound of plates breaking.

"Sab thik to-" other chef turned mute looking at the cricketers.
"Papa, are you okay?" Shubisha asked making sure that her father is okay.
"Aa-aap log... ya-yaha? Wo bhi sa-saath mein" the chef asked not being able to move or speak more.
"Shubman? Ishan?" Rohit said running towards them and hugged both of them.
"Kaha the itne dino se? Pata bhi hai kitna dhunda tum logo ko" Virat added, tears falling from everyone's eyes.
"How are you all here today?" Asked Ishan.
"I know you guys left BCCI but did you guys stopped watching cricket as well?" Asked Shreyas.
"Oh! ODI World Cup right? Good luck! I hope Rohit bhai, you'll bring the cup this year" said Shubman cleaning the food that fell and went back to the kitchen.
"Please sit. We'll be back" said Ishan making them go back to their seats. No one could believe what did they just see. Did they just see their two precious boys again after four long years? Many questions were running through their mind. Who was Shubisha? How did they come to West Indies? Most important, did they never miss the ICT which was not like before now after losing their two elements.

They came again with the food and drinks. Abhishek stopped them this time.

"Nahi khana kuch bhi. Kaha tha itne dino se" said Abhishek to Shubman, tears streaming down his eyes.
"Let me do my work, sir"
"Shut up! Who the fuck is your sir? Bhai hu tera" Abhishek hugged him tightly. Shubman wanted to hug him more tightly but didn't do because once he'll start then he'll never let them go anywhere.
"Ishan tu to kuch bata" Mayank asked him.
"You all can have your foods and leave later" Ishan said avoided eye contacts with anyone.

Sammy recognised Ishan and hugged him from behind. Ishan can feel this hug and understand that it was none other than his Sammy.

"Where were you? I saw you after a long time" said Sammy. She has grown up taller now.
"How are you?" Ishan asked.
"I'm fine. Are you okay? Because you don't seem to be. Why did you leave me? It was so boring being with Tilak uncle all day" said Sammy which made Ishan chuckle at her cuteness.

"Papa! Why are you with her? I'm your daughter not her" Shubisha said hugging Ishan then Sammy hugged Ishan too. Both the kids started fighting now.

"I know him more than you!" Said Sammy.
"But he's my father!" Shubisha said back.
"Aye don't be a naughty girl" Ishan picked Shubisha in his arms.
"She is your friend, Sammy" Ishan introduced them to each other.

"Can we talk now Ishu?" said Rahul once the kids went outside to play.
"What do you wanna know? There's nothing left" Ishan answered.
"How did you both come here? Who is that girl, Shubisha? Did you never miss your brothers and bhabhis?" Surya asked.
"Only we know that how much we missed you all, our family, India and especially our cricket kits" Shubman smiled slightly saying the last three words.
"We didn't know what to do when we left. We wanted to go somewhere far away but it wasn't really possible for two popular people to hide their identity in public areas. We still managed to do so and came here. We used our money in this restaurant and it became popular among people. About Shubisha, we found her on the airport. She was just six, shivering in cold. She had lost her parents. We tried to find her parents but failed so we adopted her and took care of her like our own daughter. She got this name by adding our names. I hope this much information is enough" Ishan explained to them.
"Let's go back to India" said Siraj.
"Nahi... It's not possible" Shubman said sighing.
"Kyu? We don't wanna lose you both again" Anushka said holding Shubman's hand.
"No bhabhi... We have totally disappeared from cricket history and social media. Don't wanna create a chaos again"
"Cricket was your both's passion, dream, first love and everything. Do you guys really not want to pick the bat again? How about you Ishan, do you really not want that place behind the wickets again?" Asked Ritika.
"We still love cricket like we used to. Funny thing is we didn't pick the bat ever again since that day. We never watched cricket too as we wanted to keep our daughter away from this cruel sport. Agar wo cricket dekhti then slowly slowly wo hamare bade mein bhi jaan jaati and we don't that. She knows that we, her fathers are just normal chefs. She doesn't know that her fathers used to have millions of fans. We have always kept her away from social media, mobile and TV" Shubman said looking outside through the window where Shubisha was playing.

"We understand you Shubman but do you know your parents have forgiven you. Ishan's parents have forgiven him. They still cry a lot while thinking of you two. Please come back with us" Rohit tried to convince them and failed. But they didn't lose hopes. They had decided to take Shubman and Ishan with them again to India.

"You all can leave now" said Ishan when they were done eating.
"Never knew my little boys would be so good at cooking" said Anushka.
"We are already in our 30s bhabhi" Shubman said while taking the plates.
"Filhal to jaa rahe hai hum sab but India jaate waqt tum teeno hamare saath hoge" Mayank said before leaving.

Shubman and Ishan were so happy after meeting their brother like teammates after such a long time. They didn't want them to leave but they had no choice too.

Hope you all loved it. Thanks for reading and keep voting. Happy 10k